Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The headlights on my 2000 Focus Se are very dim, in fact when I turn them on there just a little brighter than the day running lights and the brights are fine.
Before I buy 2 new bulbs I was wondering if it could be both low beams going out at once or if the bulbs could just be dulling down , though if never heard of that happening.
Anyone had this happen with their headlights?

Thanks For You Help.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
what happens when you give the car gas? Are they always dim? if so I would invest in some silverstars dont go with cheap ebay bulbs because high watts could lead to further problems. Make sure your harness isnt heating up if so you may have a bad ground try and find it and fix it, if all else fails get yourself some new bulbs.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Darn double post....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try some Silverstars as the wireing seems ok and the lights stay the same at higher revs.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Check the voltage at the battery terminals, it should be at least mid 13's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I've read the post associated with my issue and it's not covered.. so I have slyvain Ulta stars in my reflector head lights where replaced by after mark ones that were all oxygenated I tried led in the lights they were good but horrible in rain the Ulta stars are dim and I'm not getting enough light to be safe at night ..I live in Tennessee and there are no street lights and it's very dark especially hard to see in rain ..suggestions

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
So I've read the post associated with my issue and it's not covered.. so I have slyvain Ulta stars in my reflector head lights where replaced by after mark ones that were all oxygenated I tried led in the lights they were good but horrible in rain the Ulta stars are dim and I'm not getting enough light to be safe at night ..I live in Tennessee and there are no street lights and it's very dark especially hard to see in rain ..suggestions
What year, model, engine, trans? How many miles? Any other electrical issues?

Using a voltmeter check voltage at battery and then at headlight connectors with engine running. Post readings.

In the future dont post under a ten year old post that may or may not have the same issue.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts