Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm curious who difficult it would be to add backup sensors to our SEL sedan.

I have them on my SuperDuty, and really miss the beep - beep - beep when I drive the Focus.

Cheers!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I expect you would need a whole new plastic rear bumper 'cap'. I doubt drilling holes would work for the sensors since the bumpers are likely built with the holes in the mold. I don't know how much would be involved in getting the appropriate new wiring harness back to the sensors, but again, probably not simple. Did you ask the dealer if they can add this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
No offense, but it continually amazes me how many people want to add things they could've received as part of a package. Yes, you'd pay extra, but doesn't it make sense to have things like this dealer installed rather than retro-fitting? For me, I'd prefer to get everything possible dealer installed, then save the cool mods for me to do!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Dealers aren't typically geared to add on things like this after the fact. I would prefer it be factory or sone my self.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I stand corrected....I did mean factory installed. My bad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe there's now a Ford Accessories package for reverse sensing.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I believe your best bet is getting something from an echomaster dealer. They will custom match your car color and its a pretty reputable brand.

http://www.echomaster.com/p-parking-sensors.html

I have no idea on the ford side of things too. I too would like to add parking sensors as I totally didn't realize that by dropping the parking package I'd be losing out on sensors. There are also really cheap options ~$200 that can get you a slap on sensor bar that seems to be about as complicated as a wireless doorbell.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe your best bet is getting something from an echomaster dealer. They will custom match your car color and its a pretty reputable brand.

http://www.echomaster.com/p-parking-sensors.html

I have no idea on the ford side of things too. I too would like to add parking sensors as I totally didn't realize that by dropping the parking package I'd be losing out on sensors. There are also really cheap options ~$200 that can get you a slap on sensor bar that seems to be about as complicated as a wireless doorbell.
The Ford Accessories ones ARE made by Echomaster

http://accessories.ford.com/park-assist-rear-4-modules.html

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your replies.

When we bought our SEL we had no idea backup sensors would be desireable. (Not to mention Focus were very scarce in our area at the time!) It's such a small car! Only after driving it for a few months did the need surface.

I'll look into the Ford accessory. It's nice to know it's available.

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got a complete set for $20.00 on EBAY came with four sensors control module and audible distance alarm. It even came with the drill bit for the bumper

·
Registered
321 Posts
No offense, but it continually amazes me how many people want to add things they could've received as part of a package. Yes, you'd pay extra, but doesn't it make sense to have things like this dealer installed rather than retro-fitting? For me, I'd prefer to get everything possible dealer installed, then save the cool mods for me to do!
This!! +1

I've had the same thought a hundred times. Every time I read a post like this, I think the same thing. Especially all those people who didn't buy an ST but post questions about adding a non-factory turbo.

·
Registered
763 Posts
This!! +1

I've had the same thought a hundred times. Every time I read a post like this, I think the same thing. Especially all those people who didn't buy an ST but post questions about adding a non-factory turbo.
Could be they liked the sedan model and thought the aftermarket would supply the poweradder. I know I wish my ST had reverse sensors but it wasn't offered.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
This!! +1

It's difficult to find exactly your car like you want in the used market...

I wanted many packages and manual tranny... ended up with most package I wanted but had to make a trade-off (especially manual are scarce)...

I have drum brakes at the rear and I'm gonna swap for rear disc myself (couldn't locate a car with a sport package)...

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Sometimes a package requires you to buy many things you don't want to get one small feature. A good example is the 2013 Focus required you to buy an appearance package for over $2000 just to get interior ambient lighting. It also forced you to get a leather interior which some people don't like.

This is a fanatics forum and modding is a big part of that. I admire the ingenuity these guys have in adding features to their cars.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
sometimes a package requires you to buy many things you don't want to get one small feature. A good example is the 2013 focus required you to buy an appearance package for over $2000 just to get interior ambient lighting. It also forced you to get a leather interior which some people don't like.

This is a fanatics forum and modding is a big part of that. I admire the ingenuity these guys have in adding features to their cars.
^ this! [:)]

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Ti was on the lot with everything but full park assist and winter package. Didn't need park assist but have since moved to a colder climate and was able to add heated seats and mirrors that aren't available when you have the handling package installed from the factory.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My Ti was on the lot with everything but full park assist and winter package. Didn't need park assist but have since moved to a colder climate and was able to add heated seats and mirrors that aren't available when you have the handling package installed from the factory.
Did you use one of the ebay heated seat kits? Installed yourself?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts