Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed my Steeda intake today and i love it. The only thing is.... i usto idle around 1200 and now im down to 700-800..... i was talking to my dad and he said it could cause my car to stall if it drops to low... and its electronic so we cant open the throttle body to make it idle higher.

is that normal for installing a new intake?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Mine did the same after K&N TYphoon install. Haven't figured it out yet. I disconnected battery and waited 10 min. to let computer reset, still the same.

·
Registered
545 Posts
idling around 700-800 sounds normal. Usually when you first start the car up it will idle a bit higher to help the engine warm up faster, so maybe that's what you were thinking about when you said it idled around 1200.
Also, to have the car stall out, your revs would have to go probably as low as 400-500, so at this point you should be ok.... hope this helps.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes that is normal. Your normal idle when it is warmed up is 750 rpm's (700-800). With your intake it is getting more air and it will warm up quicker than before. So all is ok. Your car should run a lot better with the Steeda and you should get about a 2 mpg increase in your gas milage. [thumb]

·
Registered
341 Posts
milage should go up as long as you keep yer foot out of it, I know it sounds nice at WOT but fuel economy suffers....LOL

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nightm4re said:
So i installed my Steeda intake today and i love it. The only thing is.... i usto idle around 1200 and now im down to 700-800..... i was talking to my dad and he said it could cause my car to stall if it drops to low... and its electronic so we cant open the throttle body to make it idle higher.

is that normal for installing a new intake?
First of all, if your stock car was idling at 1200rpms after it was warmed up, you already had a problem, that is just to high. Secondly, I to have the Steeda Short Ram intake ( take a look at my picks). I got the throttle body after. My cars idle was a little funky for about 20 driving hours but it settled down and now sits around 660-700. Which is about 100rpms slower then where it was stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts