Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put in the Quaiffe or Torsen differential?

Looking at doing one and was just curious if:

(1) Which one did you go with?

(2) How big of a difference did it make?

(3) How's the reliability been?

Thanks for any info you guys got.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I believe only the Quaiffe is available for the SVT. That should make you decision a little easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mcnews has a Torsen for the SVT on their website.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They may have it listed but it doesnt come off of back order till the first of the month. Ill have one then and possibly two. We have had them on order since last Nov.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool...thanks for the info.

So anyone got any reviews for me?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had the Quaife in my car for about 43,000 miles and I still think it is the best money I have spent on the car.

At the limit you can feel a bit more load on the steering wheel, just the tires trying to straighten them self out. You can induce a lot of understeer if you are not carefull, if you charge the corner and just toss it in and stand on the gas it is going to push (a lot of people like a big rear sway bar and the stock front bar to help this condition) My guess is it's worth about 3.5 seconds a lap at the race track (road course) as for what it does for your 1/4 mile times you will have to ask someone else, I have NEVER run any car in the 1/4 mile, but I do have over 10,000 miles on my BMW at the local road course and 6 200 mile + days in the SVTF so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BTW if you are thinking about putting one in your car (either the Quaife or the Torsen that is suposed to be coming out soon) I have written a set of instructions complete with pictures and would be happy to send them to you, Just PM me with an email address that will take a large attachment .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Byron! [thumb]

Sent you a PM with my email addy...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nope, NA, I keep having the urges but keep fighting them. I got rid of a 89 Mustang Conv with a 5.0 and a blower when I bought the SVTF, it took me a few weeks to get over the "WHERE'S THE BEEF" everytime I got on the gas.

I have way to many toys and all of them have been played with (even the SVTF) but I don't think I am going to FI. It's fun enough for the street and a blast to thrash on guys at the track play days and when they come and ask how much boos I'm running I tell them I'm NA and they really feel like S**T. Last time out I was flashing my lights at a couple of NSX's ( I was killing them in the twisty bits and staying with them down the straight).

Just remember it is easy to drive a Fast car Slow, but a lot harder to drive a Slow Car FAST. My recomendation, get so YOU CAN DRIVE your car as fast as IT can be driven THEN start to work on making the CAR faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts