Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done or know how to mount the head unit without the typical pocket below stereo install kit??

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
If its a DD you're using...... I've seen that you can file out the stock opening and it should fit snugly.....unless I read you wrong and you mean installing like under the the seat or something. lol [:)]

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
there used to be a sony xplod focus, the stereo trim didnt have a pocket in it. they are rare but you might be able to find one on ebay

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats kinda what i mean.keep it in the dash but just something out of the norm,a little more custom look to it

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
^or use common sense and do it the easy way by making a filler trim panel out of a sheet of abs.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hawkeye,where did you get that stereo bezel?thats way cool.
There was a guy on here that was parting out a Sony Edition Focus. I paid a pretty penny for it tho. 75 bux. I've been thinking about talking to a friend that has access to a vacuum former to see if there's anyway we could build a few. My perfect solution would be to bondo/fiberglass in the gaps, and make it look like it was a 1DIN opening stock.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i would acetone that xplod logo. other than that is uber sex

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hey gonzorelic, do by chance know of a how to for the double din opening? i'd love to get dvd and nav in my zx3 and i dont want a darned flip up. (knowing me, i'd break it,lol) if yu could get a link for ot that'd be sweet

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
there really isnt much to it. just pull the stocker out, squeeze the 2 din in and remove the small foam block under the hazard switch and trim the 1/8" lip off the top of the radio bezel and pop it back on. if there are any gaps make yourself a filler plate out of a sheet of abs plastic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts