Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the differences from the 08-09 2.0 and the earlier fofos? I would like to know everything you know about it. im talking all the way down to radiator hoses, belts everything. obviously the ecu is different, but yea any info you can give me will be appreciated.[wrenchin]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've only had my '09 ses coupe since the day after Christmas but I have a few observations comparing it to my old '00 ZTS sedan & my '03 SVTF:
-The fit and finish are top shelf...better than my ZTS or even my SVTF
-In CA we get the PZEV motor so it has the 100,000 mile non-replaceable air filter
-The MTX 5 speed is the same but seems a whole lot smoother than my '00 sedan was
-The layout of the controls is all new and I like them and they are lit in blue with red needles
-The TB is now fly-by-wire and has a solenoid built into the side of the TB
-The outside rear view mirrors are larger with a better view rearward
-I really like the SYNC system
-The only options I didn't get were rubber floor and trunk mats
-The exhaust is tuned in the coupe to give a few more ponies
-I got the auto-dimming rearview mirrow and its pretty trick
-To reset the trip odometer, you press an 'info' button on the center stack instead of that little nub on the speedometer itself.
-The front chrome is blacked out & the chrome in the headlights/tailights is smoked (looks bitchin')
-The wheels are chromed and look like the EAP SVTF wheels and are 17inchers
-The ambient lighting that lights the footwells/cupholders has 7 colors to choose from
-The armrest is back, but the storage under the armrest is huge
-The split rear seats fold forward & the trunk is lit by a single bulb attached to the rear of the trunk frame.
-The audiophile package I got is very nice and the subwoofer in the trunk in similar to the SVTF's
-On the steering wheel, all of the cruise controls are located on the left side & all the audio controls are located on the right side
-On the center of the dash, right of the instrument pod is a very nice heads up display for the audio/sync system
-The remote mirror control is a single knob located on the driver side inside from the outside rear view mirror (the mirrors are heated too)

All things considered I am extremely happy with my purchase. If you are in the market for a new Fofo and don't want to wait for the European version to arrive, you can't go very wrong with the newer Focus and in particular, the new '09 coupe. I'm sure there are other things I've left out, but I hope this helps a little and thank you for serving our country!

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
The air intake on the '08-'09 Foci is about the biggest difference from the '05-'07 Foci with the 2.0 Duratec. You have a replaceable air filter. The '05-'07 models have a sealed intake system with a "lifetime" filter. The "lifetime" filter will last 100,000 to 150,000 miles. Then the entire unit has to be replaced at a price between $500-$700, parts and labor.

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Yep, I believe there is only one aftermarket intake setup that is more expensive than the OEM. The rest aren't even close. The OEM from Ford has an MSRP of $470!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
there arent too many aftermarket intakes for the 08-ups right now tho...only the steeda, which is too bad...FS is supposed to get a CAI out there soon tho. thats what to wait for.

one huge difference im surprised not mentioned yet...

TB is drive by wire, not cable driven.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
there arent too many aftermarket intakes for the 08-ups right now tho...only the steeda, which is too bad...FS is supposed to get a CAI out there soon tho. thats what to wait for.

one huge difference im surprised not mentioned yet...

TB is drive by wire, not cable driven.
that was mentioned a few posts up

the radiator now has a normal style cap with a non pressurized overflow tank, a focus first.

a few of the evap equipment have been moved around on the firewall.

the wiring on top of the valve cover is less messy

the PCM is under the hood now, in front of the battery

thats all i can remember from looking at the coupe concept this summer

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
that was mentioned a few posts up

the radiator now has a normal style cap with a non pressurized overflow tank, a focus first.
a few of the evap equipment have been moved around on the firewall.
the wiring on top of the valve cover is less messy
the PCM is under the hood now, in front of the battery
thats all i can remember from looking at the coupe concept this summer
Yup, he's exactly right. Dealership even said the same thing, engine is the same despite cosmetic differences.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
weird...my viewing of posts must be much different or something at work...that long post by voortrek looks nothing like it does at home. thats why i missed that.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nobody has said this, and i feel like being the smartass... they look different!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know the differences from the 08-09 2.0 and the earlier fofos? I would like to know everything you know about it. im talking all the way down to radiator hoses, belts everything. obviously the ecu is different, but yea any info you can give me will be appreciated.[wrenchin]
sorry i guess i should have written this differently, i was looking for specifics about the motor and things in the engine bay, and i guess i did say everything lol but thank you to everyone that has replied, besides to me its all about learning about my fofo right now. thanks guys. does anyone know if the radiator hoses are the same from 06-07 to 08-09?[ffrocks]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
sorry man, i have no idea...id tell u if i did...curious as to why u must know this specific piece tho?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was just looking for like things. trying to know what interchanges, was looking for some silicone hoses as well possibly a billet fuel rail etc etc

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no fuel rail available currently

1 - 18 of 18 Posts