Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might have been asked just humor me. what is the difference between an SVT ZX3 and a regular ZX3? is the suspension the exact same? i know the header is different, but is that the only difference? and what are the same?

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
An SVT ZX3 means it is an SVT that has two doors and a hatch. A regular ZX3 is a regular ZX3 with 2 doors and a hatch. So the interior is different, suspension is different, engine is different, lots of things are different.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
plus there was a Zx5 SVT....which would be the best of both worlds....

put it this way the SVT is .75" closer to the ground than a regular Zx3.....

alot of racing inspired technology went into a SVT......

more hp, better suspension, better interior, 4-disc brakes......etc

a SVT owner will chime in

·
Registered
504 Posts
- VVT
- dual stage intake
- 4-wheel disk brakes
- improved exhaust
- stiffer, lower suspension
- 6 spd gearbox
- improved interior and exterior appearance such as color-coordinated seats, wheels, front fascia

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Actually its a completly different engine, not just VCT and a DSI.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess what im askin for is could i put svt suspension on my zx3? would most parts cross over, with no or minor modification?

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
i guess what im askin for is could i put svt suspension on my zx3? would most parts cross over, with no or minor modification?
It all depends on the part. Most suspension and exterior parts work, along with interior parts. But it mainly depends on what it is.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
An SVT shell and a ZX3 shell are exactly the same. So an SVT engine will bolt into a ZX3/sedan (although the wiring will need to be redone), the SVT suspension will bolt onto any Focus besides a wagon, the interior will fit into a regular Focus, etc.

Everything on an SVT will fit an SVT....making it work is another story though (like the heated seats if yours weren't heated from the factory, swapping the engine or tranny, etc)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Almost all correct information provided, good responses.
On My 2002 ZX5 I have retrofitted complete SVT suspension and brakes - very straightforward to do If you can find the used SVT parts. Some are no longer available except as used surplus, for example the rear axles with the "ears" on the flange for mounting the calipers, also front knuckles. Junk yards and Rock Auto are your friends.
Good luck,
Monoblanco

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a friend with a 2001 ZX3 with Traction Control. It has rear discs (original equipment I assume, but he bought it used, so not sure) but with smaller discs than on my ZX5 with the full SVT retrofit. Just mentioned as another possible source for rear disc assemblies.
Again, good luck,
Monoblanco

1 - 20 of 20 Posts