Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I just need a sanity check here. I brought my Ford Focus (2000 ZX3, Kona) back to Switzerland with me from the US.
Now at 65'000 Miles the car starts to self distruct!!! I already needed to change a wheel bearing and now the spring on the front right suspension broke. What a pain!!! [?|] [V]
Now the dealer is telling me that the Swiss or EU models and the US modles are not compatible and therefore they have to order the spring and what ever other small part that goes with it.

I have a really hard time believing that someone like Ford would construct the cars differently for the global market. A Focus is a Focus no??

Any insights would be tremendously appreciated.
S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is something else that makes absolutley no sense. Why does a different continent have anything to do with warranty coverage??? Like live is harsher in Switzerland and streets are worse here.....

Thanks anyway! I am just so annoyed that I am left for about 3 weeks with no car and no replacement car is offered either from the dealer!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
No they are the same, that dealership just wants to "order" from the US so they can ream you on shipping when they probably have the part in the back room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts