Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ZX3 S2 and am looking into getting the SVT suspension kit, but was wondering if there is a difference between the two suspensions and if so is the difference enough to buy the SVT suspension.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are any other kits this reasonable. If I don't want to drop a pretty penny on a suspension kit would the front and rear anti-roll bar combo (front 22mm/rear 25mm) make any difference in handling or would a suspension kit be a smarter investment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody know the difference between these two suspensions? Also if going to the SVT setup wouldn't be worth the money, should I invest in the front and rear anti-roll bar combo (front 22mm/rear 25mm) from Ford?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah I got a post somewhere on this site about 'spring rates'. The S2 suspension is close to the SVT, not as good, but close.

I agree though with the others, pass by the SVT set and get a good aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The S2 has the same sway bars as the SVT (21mm front AND rear) but it has different springs and dampers. The springs are actually softer than reg. ZX3 springs, but the dampers are stiffer. The dampers are still not as stiff as SVT dampers though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would be the next stage of suspension to get then (brand) and about how much do you think a decent kit would range?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts