Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
In the photo, the one on the left is the newer version, correct?

Short of crawling under the car is there a way to tell which RMM a 2015 might have?

Before realizing that some later models may have the newer version I have ordered the insert from fswerks for the old style expecting it would be a good first volley.

I guess I'll be getting out the jack and jack stands to take a gander at it and see whether I'll be needing it or not.
I wouldn't call it newer version. The one on the left is the Ford ERMM which is the upgrade. As I understand it this is also standard on the ST.

If by old style you mean the original as seen on the right in my picture I would stay away from that. ERMM=good, original=bad.

As for the prospect that any of the standard Focus's came with the ERMM, I think that is folklore. No reason for Ford to come to their senses on just this part.

Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is the gizmo I ordered from fswerks. It fills in the spaces on the RMM.

From what you indicate the RMM may be waiting for me in the form of the one pictured above on the right and will accept this insert to firm it up somewhat.

EDIT: Then I read in this RMM thread that those 15 and newer owners speaking with fswerks are told that this insert won't work on their model because those already have the ERMM. Guess I'll still have to look to know fer sure.

To counter this report, a page from TASCA indicates the RMM is the replacement part listed for 2015 Mk3 SE, not the ERMM.

It is a conundermm.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts