Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new Ford Focus 2019 Titanium model.

The Titanium Business model has rear camera + park sensors while the normal Titanium model has only rear camera without the park sensors.

What's the difference between having a rear camera and rear camera + park sensors?

Can somebody explain me? What are the extra advantages of having these park sensors? It sounds so complicated to me ?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I do not know.

If me, I would call any Ford dealership tomorrow and ask the sales dept.

WILD GUESS:
The sensors tie into an auto-park-feature and/or prevent the car from bumping into adjacent objects while parking. ((?))

EDIT and OFF TOPIC:
My 2004 Wagon has both; a backup camera and parking sensors. I added a new Pioneer stereo head-unit for bluetooth connectivity to my phone, and a (rear) backup camera also. The camera was $40 from an online store, and the install was difficult, mostly due to getting the wires ran from front to the rear door/liftgate of the car. The 2004 "parking sensors" are not installed; but they are installed once I sit in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If I understand your question correctly you're asking what the benefit is of having parking sensors? They will beep as you get close to something, so as your backing up the beeping will get quicker and quicker as you get closer to a wall or a car or anything.

Almost all makes have cars with them, some are only in an upgraded model like this focus you're thinking about buying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts