Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a very cheap ebay CAI, fitment was just ok but everything is mounted and I can feel a little differnce in response and also feel like I have an exhaust system in the front left of the car
well its more like a vacum cleaner sound, I m used to ls1 engine so...
(just sold my 02 TA ls1 M6)
ANYWAYS, is there a difference int erm of sound and perf when you get a top of the line intake like Focus sport cool flow,
to me it would be similar but what do you think ?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
really no difference, what kind of filter is on it? probably not a very good one but you do get what you pay for so just be careful!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a knn looking cone , probably a cheapo one.
still doesnt justify spending the extra 190 ( shipped priced comparaison)

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
In the future when ur filter gets dirty, u can take it in to autozone, orileys, etc and pick up a replacement K&N just cuz they last longer and are washable

·
Registered
789 Posts
the K&N filters aren't washable, but you can clean them. you just have to get the recharger kit from any auto parts store for like 10 bucks and it will last you a few cleanings.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i think thats what he meant by "washable" :D ... its always good to clarify before someone gets the water hose and literally shoots down the filter expecting to clean it :D

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
actaully your suppose to wash your filter with water first, then you let it dry and apply the K&N oil cleaner, and then let that dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts