Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All in all, what is the real dif between an svt and a normal zx3? How much wud it cost to convert it?

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
A lot, you might as well buy an SVT.

You would need: Engine, trans, all the interior parts, suspension, and body parts probably 5k to do it right, on the low side.

3k if you just want to do the engine and trans

You should just build up yours, even if you do the conversion it still won;t techinically be an SVT and you can get authentic ones for 4-7grand nowadays.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
suspension is diff. engine is diff. higher compression bigger cams, better exhaust manifold.. better intake manifold. VCT. Body kit, wheels, interior. gauges. stereo... It's expensive to convert over. Just the body alone will be over a grand if you get it all in good quality.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
lots of differences... engine trany, wheels, seats, cluster, shift knob, ebrake, steering wheel, hvac, sterio, the svt comes with a little bass
The svt comes with different bumpers, side skirts (zx3 version), spoiler, it has another suspension and its a little bit lower than the regular zx3, it has big brakes lol, etc etc etc... a conversion..? i think its better to buy a svt

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
you r local 2 socal
ill sell u my svt suspension

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, I knew there was a big dif. But not THAT big.... Well all I really want to do, is a turbo, but I want it done right, iv heard horror stories bout ppl converting to f-i and blowing holes in pistons at whatnot, what wud I need to do to do a turbo right?

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
what motor do u have and how much money do u have to spend?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Wow, I knew there was a big dif. But not THAT big.... Well all I really want to do, is a turbo, but I want it done right, iv heard horror stories bout ppl converting to f-i and blowing holes in pistons at whatnot, what wud I need to do to do a turbo right?
its all about the tuning man![thumb]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what motor do u have and how much money do u have to spend?
I have ZX3 zetec kona, and the money is (as of now) bout 1 grand but will budget for more most I wud spend is about 3K or so

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
You can put everything from an SVT to a normal focus but you will never have the true heart of a SVT.... Build Number [:D]

It can look/drive/sound/feel/handle like an SVT but will never be a True SVT. That's the main difference [;)]

Where at in SoCal are you? Try checking out the SoCal Region sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm located in santa clarita area, lol close by mb2 thanks for the info, I'm kinda newer to this game

·
Registered
324 Posts
All in all, what is the real dif between an svt and a normal zx3? How much wud it cost to convert it?
costed me $4000.00 to convert my sedan to have the svt performance... still working on the svt bumpers and sideskirts.... here a list of parts that i converted... the whole swap took 3 weeks of constant work and took over 100+ hrs.

svt motor swap
svt 6spd getrag trans
svt steering rack
svt rear suspension
front and rear svt sway bar
svt fuel tank/ fuel pump
svt rear disc brakes
full svt front dash including gauges
svt black carpet
front and rear svt seats(black and blue)
svt steering column and wheel
svt center console
all new wiring harnesses
17in svt eap wheels
full svt exhaust
svt ebrake
svt shifter

those are all the main things i took from an svt... then we stole little things to complete the swap as we went along.

you might be better off buying a salvaged svt and parting it out. thats basically what happened with my swap

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
yo

I'm located in santa clarita area, lol close by mb2 thanks for the info, I'm kinda newer to this game
u should come to the thursday meets in the valley im in simi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what dp u want for the suspension? i dont rally have alot of dough so go easy on me! lol you know how it is

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
save some more money and do it right. dont get an ebay turbo crap kit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know, if theres one thing iv learned in life. its never buy almost ANYTHING for my car off ebay, thnx tho

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Find yourself an SVT bottom end; it has stronger rods and pistons, and oil squirters. Build the motor around that and you should be just fine.

costed me $4000.00 to convert my sedan to have the svt performance... still working on the svt bumpers and sideskirts.... here a list of parts that i converted... the whole swap took 3 weeks of constant work and took over 100+ hrs.

svt motor swap
svt 6spd getrag trans
svt steering rack
svt rear suspension
front and rear svt sway bar
svt fuel tank/ fuel pump
svt rear disc brakes
full svt front dash including gauges
svt black carpet
front and rear svt seats(black and blue)
svt steering column and wheel
svt center console
all new wiring harnesses
17in svt eap wheels
full svt exhaust
svt ebrake
svt shifter

those are all the main things i took from an svt... then we stole little things to complete the swap as we went along.

you might be better off buying a salvaged svt and parting it out. thats basically what happened with my swap
Where in central Jersey are you? I would love to see an SVT-swapped sedan. Stop by strictlyfocused.com and say hi... we have meets every month at the Rutgers grease trucks from April to October.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts