Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to get rid of my 06 F350, I don't use the ol girl anymore and with 270k on the clock, she's starting to need some of the tender loving that I don't want to spend if I am not making money.

I came across an interesting combo on a Ford Fusion.

2012 5 speed manual, with 16k on the clock, sedan version.

Convenience package, sync, basically loaded.

How is peppy is this car, does it have some guts or is it going to leave me missing the torque of my truck? I need some better fuel mileage but I don't want to drive something gutless, ya know?

I notice the convenience package has parking assist, I guess we throw at out the window with a manual [hihi]

It's weird to see a manual tranny car, low miles and fully loaded. I wanted to see if I was missing any quirks about the car.

thanks for your time.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking to get rid of my 06 F350, I don't use the ol girl anymore and with 270k on the clock, she's starting to need some of the tender loving that I don't want to spend if I am not making money.

I came across an interesting combo on a Ford Fusion.

2012 6 speed manual, with 16k on the clock, sedan version.

Convenience package, sync, basically loaded.

How is peppy is this car, does it have some guts or is it going to leave me missing the torque of my truck?

I notice the convenience package has parking assist, I guess we throw at out the window with a manual [hihi]

It's weird to see a manual tranny car, low miles and fully loaded. I wanted to see if I was missing any quirks about the car.

thanks for your time.

Just saying that posting to the main MK3 thread will yield more visibility but again this is a Ford Focus forum ;)

Also, no focus have the ecoboost 1.6L (except europe) so you are targeting just a bunch of people with your question.

Better to ask in the fusion forum :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just saying that posting to the main MK3 thread will yield more visibility but again this is a Ford Focus forum ;)

Also, no focus have the ecoboost 1.6L (except europe) so you are targeting just a bunch of people with your question.

Better to ask in the fusion forum :)
Doh! Sorry I meant focus.

I did not ask about the ecoboost, the 12' I am looking at has a 2.0L

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Doh! Sorry I meant focus.

I did not ask about the ecoboost, the 12' I am looking at has a 2.0L
Saying that because the only 6 speed manual fusion is the ecoboost 1.6L engine that's why :)

2.0L focus is great but be aware it's only 5 speed manual, if you want 6 speed you need to shell out more money for the Focus ST!

Its a fun car to drive especially the hatchback version.

Btw, we are focus fanatics so don't expect non-biased feedback :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saying that because the only 6 speed manual fusion is the ecoboost 1.6L engine that's why :)

2.0L focus is great but be aware it's only 5 speed manual, if you want 6 speed you need to shell out more money for the Focus ST!

Its a fun car to drive especially the hatchback version.

Btw, we are focus fanatics so don't expect non-biased feedback :p
another typo, sorry :(

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No worry, you can edit your typo's.

I'll move this to the MkIII section for you to get more looks.

Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
It's up to you, it depends on what do you do for a living, I can't own just a car, a truck is a must be on my driveway

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think you will miss the torque.. I love my '13 Focus SE, but fuel efficiency is it's strong suit.

I surely miss the torque that I had with my Jeep 4.0

·
Registered
275 Posts
Take a test drive - it would be hard for any of us to say whether it would have adequate power for you. To be sure though, I would recommend an ST [gunfire]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A stick mk3= you won't have any issues w/ the trans, plus it engages you into driving. btw, I use to have a Amarillo & did most of the bulletproof.com mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the focus and keep the truck if you can. Quitting trucks cold turkey stinks...ask me and my bank account how I know.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Get the focus and keep the truck if you can. Quitting trucks cold turkey stinks...ask me and my bank account how I know.
That's what I did.^^^^^^^^ My Amarillo was sitting in my brothers shop for two yrs. W/ in the 1st 4000 miles I had the cab off to do all the bulletproof.com parts. Sold it w/ 39,000 miles on it. The last two yrs I had it it sat & I started driving the foci, which has 66,000 on it now. I loved that truck, my 1st new truck & got a killer deal on it. The dealer I was working for at the time had a offer you couldn't refuse & on top of that they did a dealer trade to get it. A few techs & workers bought a few 150's that day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I went from an E350 to the Focus and have not looked back, I am enjoying being in a car for the first time since 1992. The couple times a year I actually need a truck I just go and rent one from Lowes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Having come from the Diesel scene and having never owned a car before I have yet to even reconsider my decision to buy the Focus. Quite frankly, I'm having the time of my life in the little car. Quite nice to be able to enjoy the twistys and get 40+mpg.

What I came from.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Having come from the Diesel scene and having never owned a car before I have yet to even reconsider my decision to buy the Focus. Quite frankly, I'm having the time of my life in the little car. Quite nice to be able to enjoy the twistys and get 40+mpg.

What I came from.
Cool 250, is that a '96-'97?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nothing major, just mild upgrades. 238/100 FFD injectors, dual superduty electric fuel pumps, modded IDM, Tyrant Tunes, BTS valve body & synthetic fluids. Have an aluminum IC but never got around to obtaining the t4 mount, S series turbo and IC pipes so it remains non IC and stock turbo.

Truck did 385/820 in 2009 with injectors and tunes so it's sitting around 420-430 as is.

With 4.10's it's a fun street truck and tows phenomenally well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Nothing major, just mild upgrades. 238/100 FFD injectors, dual superduty electric fuel pumps, modded IDM, Tyrant Tunes, BTS valve body & synthetic fluids. Have an aluminum IC but never got around to obtaining the t4 mount, S series turbo and IC pipes so it remains non IC and stock turbo.

Truck did 385/820 in 2009 with injectors and tunes so it's sitting around 420-430 as is.

With 4.10's it's a fun street truck and tows phenomenally well.
Thats pretty good. I'd be finding some install time for your mods.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You won't be able to ride peoples' rear bumpers and bully them out of your way in the Focus.......

BTW the 2.0 in these cars has plenty of power and torque, even with the DCT. A lot of fun to drive. Handling is excellent too. And you won't have to take out a loan when you visit a gas station.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts