Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking around im going to get the projector kit..off eBay for the 2005+ focus...do i need to buy a hid kit then? or does it come with a bulb? another question is that i want to convert the fogs to hid too....any suggestions...

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
no u dont hafta buy the hid kit for the projectors. they should come with bulbs already in the headlights. most like they are H1 bulbs. u might be able to find a fog light hid kit on ebay..not sure. could u just use a regular hid kit and then get the correct sized bulb for the fogs?

·
Registered
121 Posts
i know the ones i got came with h3s for the low beam and 900 somethin for high beams... id recommend taking the lights they put in them out though because they don't last that long and theyre not that bright.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so the headlights come with the bulbs in already...thats good news well i think that my fogs are already h1 or h3

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ Get them in your hands then buy bulbs.

HID's are not required to be put in projectors but will produce a more effective and useable light then a halogen could.

As for the fogs???? DO NOT!! I repeat DO NOT install hids in the fogs unless you have projectors which i don't think you do. If you do by all means do it. I find it kind of upsetting to see people reccomending that very thought.

Change the headlight bulbs to silver star or even nokya if you don't want HID lights. The CCFL in them is a good addition over LED halo's as well.

Any more questions let me know.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would there be to much light scatter with the fogs? and since i am going to get the projector kit...i might as well do the hid

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Scatter???? If they are not projector fogs then do not do it. They are not designed to throw the light correct and will glare and have to be aimed into the dirt. If you have Projector fogs by all means if not do not do it.

And i would reccomend 6000k for a HID kit. It will resemble sun light and be a very pure white. 6000k is the closest to a OEM HID setup.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i have hids in my headlights and fogs and here is the glare from the fogs ^^ he is talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts