Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So... I'm guessing the insides of my catalytic converter were burnt and blown out? There was a ton of it just in that resonator, so wouldn't have I noticed some sort of change. What options do I have? Surely, I should do something. I mean, the idle is a little rough and I'm not sure if performance is bad because it's not great to start with.

I feel like an abusive owner now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If the lunchbox it still off I personally would run the car and listen for anything in the pipes if there is get it out if not continue on lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Any way you can pull it off and check without cutting it apart? Or as a last resort I suppose you could take a section out and replace that with a short pipe once you're done

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any way you can pull it off and check without cutting it apart? Or as a last resort I suppose you could take a section out and replace that with a short pipe once you're done

I'm no mechanic so I don't have the tools or know how to do that. I'd say I may as we'll have the entire exhaust replaced as to performing arthroscopic surgery on my muffler. I dunno, this could be the cause of my not so great idle though...

I'm more worried about how the damaged cat will affect the engine and o2 sensors now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Theres a lot of things to think about here. The free flowing cat and lunch delete gives you a little bit of a performance boost but the o2 sensor if it is after the cat (which it might be) could be sending bad reports to the ecu. Is the CEL on? The idle could be rough for other reasons. I had a pinched pcv hose on my lx and it idled bad so who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts