Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't near as much as I'd hoped for, or wanted, but woke up to this....

And another shot with Leslie, my g/f's 09 Scion xB we just picked up yesterday!

So much for that winter storm huh? Hope you guys stay safe out there, and enjoy this stuff, it only happens once every two or three years...lol...

Clif

·
Registered
318 Posts
thats all you got up there?, i got about 4 inches here in charlotte. went out to go to the bank and i guess i hit an icy patch. spun around 3 times into on coming traffic. guess those federal super steels arent made for winter weather driving lol. it was fun tho lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap Jay, haha, yeah, take it easy there killer....yep, we got a "light dusting" in my best Ms. Doubtfire voice....

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeah lol. heres some pics of it when i got home after my adventure...

wat sux is i go in tonight to work at midnight, i got to find another job lol.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Cary this morning...

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Cary was the about the same here in spartanburg an people were crying that it snowed an had to go to work late........it's only 3 inch's whats the whole big fuss about

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, when someone mentions snow, people freak the heck out, no matter how much they call for....all the stores are out of bread and milk....people panic way to easily these days....to people up north this is a vacation...haha!

·
Registered
531 Posts
dude i only got to see a few flurrys, sucks being in central SC. BUTTT walmart was freaking sold out of bread, milk, and water lol. gotta love the south, people hear snow and think its the end of the world.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I grew up in Charlotte, and I still don't understand the whole: "They're calling for snow - let's get some bread and milk!". I didn't take any pictures this morning, but yeah, I got maybe an inch on the car this morning. I work in Fort Mill, so I was wondering if it would be worse there. Nope.

Jay: Glad nothing happened to you man, spinning unintentionally is a bad feeling. I didn't want to take any chances today, so I drove my old ZX3 to work. It's got better tires on it, and if anything should happen, it's paid for. I actually did slide a little in the parking lot at work, but that was because I induced it. [driving]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Brent gives rise to the new motorsport of icy parking lot fwd drifting. Way to go Tiger! That's using the old noodle. Turned a crappy commute into a happy ending. I can't wait until the Mr. K's meet.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
we got about 3 to 4 inches here in cherry point......my daughter loved it........

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
we gets 3 to 4 inches here too, and I still go to classes (UNCG) and everyone there posted on their facebook sites, pissed off about going to classes during snow, and our county schools' classes were cancelled.. oh man. Gotta love the South people.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
hehe got a few inches here. tried to get out the driveway to go play in a massive parking lot up the road and didnt make it... stuck lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I heard that they had to call the state of emergency because all the state trucks where in the western part of that state because of the last huricane... Rather than pay people overtime to go get them the day before (since we had warning) the gov. declared a state of emergency so that he could utilize federal help (read $$$) rather than spending state money. booo

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
we got crapped on here. barely enough to put a dusting on the grass. not a bit on the roads. it will all be gone by 3 this afternoon i bet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts