Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as some of you guys/gals saw my car at FF this year the hood had been wet sanded down do to oxidization on it I finally got around to finishing up the work on it.

I ended up garbing a bottle of presta super cut compound that removes up to 600 grit scratches and finer only $20 for the bottle

I ended up using a 6" orbital which I don't recommend cause it takes for ever with one that small

the hood has about 14 hours in it right now, I also have about another 4 hours into the headlights using the presta compound on them as well.

this is what it started out at wet sanded with 600 grit

after a few hours

then the finished product

·
Registered
252 Posts
it looks nice, i like the color of your car also, the rims are definitely nice and the way the hood looks is simply stunning :) good job ^_^

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Good work on the hood it looks great, got any full car shots?

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Hood looks great! Very sharp car. [thumb]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Looks good man, glad someone is still taking care of her like I did. That hood would have never even got that bad if it didnt sit at Toms for as long as it did. I always had the car in the garage when I had it, unless it was at Toms. Did you or John ever fix the scratch in the passenger side door. John did that while the car was mine, by letting a stack of weights with a rod in the center of them hit the car while it was in his garage. I cant complain, he was storing it for me until we had a chance to pull my motor....

Anyway, keep on taking care of her, how man miles now?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
car looks great as always!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good man, glad someone is still taking care of her like I did. That hood would have never even got that bad if it didnt sit at Toms for as long as it did. I always had the car in the garage when I had it, unless it was at Toms. Did you or John ever fix the scratch in the passenger side door. John did that while the car was mine, by letting a stack of weights with a rod in the center of them hit the car while it was in his garage. I cant complain, he was storing it for me until we had a chance to pull my motor....

Anyway, keep on taking care of her, how man miles now?
ya there was touch up paint on it, as she sits now she has about 61xxx on her,I've still gotta take care of a few things as of right now there a tiny spots of rust that look to be forming by the rear bumper and some small rock chips in the fender wells but thats about it. she gets a bath every week and a full detail every 3 months, ive also got 6 awards by going to car shows with her this year since I took over ownership[grinking]

hopefully here in the next year or so there will be a turbo back under the hood[:D]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
hopefully here in the next year or so there will be a turbo back under the hood[:D]
Best of luck to you there, I never had any, although the little time things were working it was fun. Still liked my turbo Mustang more though! And now my turboed truck isnt too bad either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts