Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I did some wire tucking on my 06 hatch. All rear panels are removed and I finished the rear hatch and passenger side tailight. Both lengths of wire were rewrapped with good electrical tape. Ill let the pics do the talking.
Started with this.

Stock harness with ground, rear latch plug, and license plate plugs. There is no plug for the rear wiper as I took it off and will be deleting this piece from the harness.

Then I removed all the factory tape. The orange and green looking wires to the left are the wires for the rear wiper motor, but these are the wires I am removing from the harness.

For the right rear tailight, this is what it looked like stock.

Then the resultant outcome.
Rear defroster plug nicely comes out.

The spot above the spare tire area for the rear tailight.

And last the big picture. With the new strut bar that I installed. [headbang]
Sorry for the crappy pic it was pretty dark in my shop.

Overall Im pretty happy with the way it came out. For some reason one of my license plate light is not working but I didnt even mess with those wires so I think it might be a bulb. Soon Ill be working on the left side of the car and see what I can do there. Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks
Austin

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good job man. That's a job most people don't tackle, but you seem to have done a good job. It's one thing to make a clean interior, but a clean gutted interior or engine bay is another art.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately I didnt get any new pics because I was busy running around getting last minute christmas stuff. Haha. Hopefully an update soon though :)

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
its lookin good. so do you remove everything in the hatch, or just hide the wires?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea honhon I wondered where you went with the hatch release plug because it doesnt fit in that channel. I ended up cuttin it off and resoldering the connection. :)
I removed the stuff in my hatch. I hardly ever have people ride with me and it also is a reason not totake my car because there is only two seats. But I have al rear panels removed and am starting to hide all the wires.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
great job cleanin up the interior. looks a hella lot better.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
clean work! very nice!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a thread in suspension that particular strut bar I believe but I cant give you too much info because I just installed it. Havent driven to much with it on to tell ya, ya kno.
Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
from the title i thought this was your thread lol

but then i remembered that its taken you 2 years to tuck your tail light wires...
ouch. i just fell over from being kicked in the balls. lol

and that taillight harness still isnt tucked [bash]

ill do it someday... when my car isnt driven everyday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honhon it is pretty easy. I did it quicker than the back hatch. Its crazy. When I had all my hatch panels in place the back hatch would make a weird vibration, and I think it was the rear panel. But after pulling em, and tucking the wires no more chatter :)

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Looks clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts