Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't use USB or Bluetooth Audio even with many master resets and had spoken at length with Sync online chat support. Finally, the guy recommended a fuse pull.

It seems to have fixed everything. I didn't test out USB, but Bluetooth audio is working. I'll get a better test on my drive to work tomorrow when I plug my iPod into to the USB port. I did find it strange that my Sirius presets were not reset with the fuse pull.

It has been a month minus 2 days with my Focus. Is this a completely random thing or can I count on it going another month (or longer) without needing to do it again?

·
Registered
20 Posts
bought my focus 2weeks and 3 days before I had this problem... was using bluetooth audio, took car to car wash, when they were drying it i grabbed my phone and went to pay, when i got back it wouldnt connect my bt audio. did the fuse pull today and bam, bt audio back...

I wish there was a reboot option instead of having to pull the fuse, cause like all microsoft OS's, rebooting fixes many problems (and the master reset just kills all your settings, it doesnt even shut down the system! very disappointed in that result)

·
Registered
781 Posts
random events that are pretty typical. i personally have had various lockups without rhyme or reason for weeks since i've purchased the car (which came with 2.11). you just get used to it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I wish there was a reboot option instead of having to pull the fuse, cause like all microsoft OS's, rebooting fixes many problems (and the master reset just kills all your settings, it doesnt even shut down the system! very disappointed in that result)
I'm a PC guy, but I'm debating putting one of these on the dash somewhere that links directly to the fusebox.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ha ha a ^^^^^^ LOL

I was thinking of purposely blowing fuse 67 so it could then be modified to include two wires soldered to it (open circuit). Those wires can then be routed anywhere you want and attached to another good fuse and toggle switch in series. This would not modify the car in any way that would hurt your warranty because the dummy fuse could be pulled out and replaced with a normal one.[cheers]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a PC guy, but I'm debating putting one of these on the dash somewhere that links directly to the fusebox.

oh, im 100% PC guy myself, i just know if anything goes wrong with my computer, step 1-3 is restart the system and see if it is still messed up

·
Registered
155 Posts
It will fix it... until it breaks again. I brought my to the dealer yesterday. It lasted almost 2 hours before bluetooth streaming died again. Now they want to replace the APIM. Of course, replacing hardware is not going to fix bad software...

·
Registered
967 Posts
bought my focus 2weeks and 3 days before I had this problem... was using bluetooth audio, took car to car wash, when they were drying it i grabbed my phone and went to pay, when i got back it wouldnt connect my bt audio. did the fuse pull today and bam, bt audio back...

Did you go into the phone menu and see if the car still thought it was connected? because if you leave the car it won't re-connect while it's running, you have to do it manually through the phone menu. Also, I find that when my phone disconnects it's been the phone 100% that's been the culprit so far.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did my first fuse pull today at the dealership. I just bought my car this evening and finally finished all the paper work at closing time. I get in the car to drive off and MFT will not come on. Salesperson has me turn the car off and on a few times and can't figure it out. Everyone in the dealership is leaving and they tell my to bring it back tomorrow. I end up figuring out where the fuse box is getting the fuse puller from under the hood and reseting the thing before I even drive home. I had no idea how awkward it is to try to access the fuse box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts