Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my wheel bearings, many other things and cleaning everything before reinstalling. Well I sand blasted the abs ring since it was nasty(see picture), however the ring is rubbed thin on one spot. I think the blasting gloves rubbed this part thin because I didn't really blast the magnetic area.

Does anyone know if the magnetism of the ring makes the abs work or the magnetism of the ring plus these ribs?

I'm hoping I don't have to buy new rings since they cost as much as an already rebuilt hub.

Attachments

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
it should be ok , the new ones are smooth now they dont have the lines on them

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
nah it looks fine just clean it real good with soap and water, and also clean the sensor tip real good too

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I use soap and water for the sensor as well or something like maf cleaner? I'm ignorant to how sensitive sensor are and error on the side of caution. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Soapy water doesn't hurt anything....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the car together and no abs light. Took way longer than expected to finish everything. Thanks to everyone for your input!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Dang - it all worked!

Tx for posting that up, closes out the thread nicely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again! I know I always appreciate being able to read the follow to what finally happened. I'm excited everything finally came together after the car being on jack stand for over a month. Here is a picture of rear wheel after assembly.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts