Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just ordered everything for my stereo setup. Here is how I want to have it all setup.

I have a 12 inch infinity kappa sub in a bandpass connected to a 300 watt MTX amp (prolly push more like 330watts to it).

Then I ordered 4 6x8 infinity kappa speakers that are going to be pushed by a 400 watt 4 channel kenwood amp.

I bought the 2nd amp because I don't want to replace the stock 6cd in-dash mp3 player. Have a few questions though, am I going to need a 2nd LOC or capacitor? Is this a little too much for the little hatchback?

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
no thats not enough in my eyes :p

but i hope those 6 X 8's fit because i know in my 02 their 5X7's!

i have a 12 inch memphis M3 Mojo sub being pushed by a Memphis MC1000d amp which is running 1103 watts at 1 ohm!

and 4 memphis 5x7 components

·
Registered
228 Posts
the 6x8's will fit just fine, it's the actual stock size. most 5x7's will fit as well but might as well get the biggest speaker in there you can.

should be a great system.

installman

·
Registered
571 Posts
I dont think youll need another LOC if youre picking up a 4ch one. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but what I would do is splice into the signal wires for the rear speakers for your subs, after the LOC.

I did the same thing, but Im only running fronts at the moment, running my sub off the bridged rear channels of my 4ch amp. Signal for my sub is the rear channels off the LOC.

Im planning on mounting a 1/2din eq in the glove box, which will give independant sub outs so I can get a sub amp and run all 4 speakers off the 4ch amp.

Hope that made sense [:p]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would suggest using a 4ch loc to the 4ch amp, and daisy chain the sub amp through that. That way you can use all the ballance, and fadder controlles. Also if the sub amp has a remote, you can adjust the sub volume too.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have 4 12 running 500rms and 4 6x8 at 300rms and not near loud enough want more box might end up in the scrap pile though going to go with 2 dvc subs

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
PhilMayfield said:
I dont think youll need another LOC if youre picking up a 4ch one. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but what I would do is splice into the signal wires for the rear speakers for your subs, after the LOC.
don't need a 2nd LOC.
a 3 foot RCA cable connecting the bypass from one amp to the other will suffice.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
provided one of the amps has a bypass (throughput RCAs)

5x7 and 6x8 have the same bolt pattern
make sure the mounting depth is within 2.5"

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
from what i understand the perfect isnt realy a banpass sub, granted many subs will be louder in a banpass box, but they sound much cleaner in a sealed box, im guessing youre going for volume though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
BlackNRed01 said:
from what i understand the perfect isnt realy a banpass sub, granted many subs will be louder in a banpass box, but they sound much cleaner in a sealed box, im guessing youre going for volume though.
This is an argument that cannot be won. There are as many people that disagree with you as there that agree with you. I on one hand love ported boxes over sealed. I love the deep bass though. Sealed will give you crisp clear bass. Decide what you want before you get the box.

·
Registered
108 Posts
213 is right, because my system is 2000 watts just to the subs and is probably 5 times louder than cruzstyles. not flamin him, just sayin it depends on how you have it set up. im runnin 1000 watts at 1 ohm to each sub, and both subs are in a dual ported/vented box. and this is all with just the gain turned up, no bass boost or the boost remote turned up on my amp. i honestly think if i was to turn the amps up to full capacity i could knock the glass out of my car. (system is in signature by the way)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts