Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some comments in another thread made me think I overpaid (or, at least, didn't get quite as good a deal as I thought I did). Of course, it doesn't matter now - and I'm not going to beat myself up over it - but I'd like to know how I did for future reference [:)]

2014 Focus SE hatch, bought late August 2014 (early August build date)
MSRP on sticker: $22,110
Paid: $19,650
TTTF: $1,350
Total out the door (car, options, tax, title, tag, fees): $21,000
Financed 100% (nothing down, no trade-in) at 0% for 60 months

Options
- Ruby Red color
- DCT
- Sport package (16" painted wheels, leather steering wheel, fog lamps)
- moonroof
- Sirius satellite radio (I didn't want this, but it was already there)
- cargo area protector

Discounts
- Moon & Tune Southeast
- Sync & Sound
- SE Sport

I know no one should ever (EVER!) pay MSRP, but I thought $2460 (11%) off wasn't too bad given that it was still August (or does that qualify as year-end clearance time?).

·
Registered
486 Posts
I bought my 5spd '14 brand new in January for $13.5 out the door. I don't have moon roof though but have it did come with the Sport package.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Some comments in another thread made me think I overpaid (or, at least, didn't get quite as good a deal as I thought I did). Of course, it doesn't matter now - and I'm not going to beat myself up over it - but I'd like to know how I did for future reference [:)]

2014 Focus SE hatch, bought late August 2014 (early August build date)
MSRP on sticker: $22,110
Paid: $19,650
TTTF: $1,350
Total out the door (car, options, tax, title, tag, fees): $21,000
Financed 100% (nothing down, no trade-in) at 0% for 60 months

Options
- Ruby Red color
- DCT
- Sport package (16" painted wheels, leather steering wheel, fog lamps)
- moonroof
- Sirius satellite radio (I didn't want this, but it was already there)
- cargo area protector

Discounts
- Moon & Tune Southeast
- Sync & Sound
- SE Sport

I know no one should ever (EVER!) pay MSRP, but I thought $2460 (11%) off wasn't too bad given that it was still August (or does that qualify as year-end clearance time?).
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, and you're right, you should never buy it at MSRP price :)

Your price is similar to mine in the sense that my car was on the dealership floor at $25000 MSRP (2014 ST), if you add tax + registration (about 10%) that's some $27500. I ended up getting the car for $23900 OTD. I financed $7000 to get the $500 discount and I paid that off as soon as I got my first bill from Ford Credit.

Best of all, I didn't have to haggle for 7 hours like I did before...

You know that the dealerships make their money on used cars, service and other crap they upsell you anyway [:0]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not bad, but best to not 2nd guess and enjoy the car. I lost sleep in past, thinking I could have saved a few hundred bucks, but just have to move on. I could have waited til now with 14's at 'blow out' prices, but I needed car 7 mos ago.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not bad, but best to not 2nd guess and enjoy the car. I lost sleep in past, thinking I could have saved a few hundred bucks, but just have to move on. I could have waited til now with 14's at 'blow out' prices, but I needed car 7 mos ago.

This man or woman (PC) speaks the truth. Get the best deal you can but don't fret over other people's prices.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Seems reasonable. I always take the cash back rather than the financing and finance myself at my bank/credit union. Loaded '13 SE manual - 201a, moonroof, winter package. $18.9K before TTLF (sticker was $24.4k).

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's not much room for negotiation when you do 0%. They may move some but not as much as with bank financing. You can almost always get a lower monthly payment negotiating a lower price and financing through a bank or credit union.

·
Registered
976 Posts
^^^Bingo! 0% is not the deal you think it is b/c of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts