Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well, About 2 days ago i showed off the svt to some friends and did a burnout through 1st and some of 2nd. well ever scince then i smell what im pretty sure is clutch smell when i drive around.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
well you did burn your clutch but how badly is not known. it could very well be that your clutch is just glazed over and needs some time to get back to normal. when the clutch stops grabbing that is when you need to worry. so for the next week drive it like a grandma and baby it. smelling things is not uncommon after a rough ride.

·
Registered
395 Posts
ya you just glazed it.....it should go away in a few days. no big worries just dont do it alot.....

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
SVT's aren't made to do burnouts, so don't do it at all. There is a difference between a hard launch and a burnout. Atleast you were honest about what happened.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Rear wheel drive cars are made for burnouts and ask for it. Basically when you do a burnout in a front wheel drive car, you're rocking your whole engine. Could even possibly break a motor mount if the wheels dont spin right away. Just be careful and enjoy that thing.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Rear wheel drive cars are made for burnouts and ask for it. Basically when you do a burnout in a front wheel drive car, you're rocking your whole engine. Could even possibly break a motor mount if the wheels dont spin right away. Just be careful and enjoy that thing.
ok.. NO car is "made" to do burnouts from the factory. Can most cars do them? yes... That doesn't mean b/c it's easier to do a burnout in a rwd car that it's made to do a burnout. Doing a burnout in most manual transimissions requires slipping the clutch a bit which is not good for the clutch for obvious reasons. When you do a burnout in ANY car.. the engine torques back and forth... It does not matter whether it's a fwd or rwd, I-4,6 or v-4,6,8... Unless you have SOLID motor mounts that engine is going to tq, - with solid mounts you can actually twist a frame with enough tq...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
When you do a burnout in ANY car.. the engine torques back and forth... It does not matter whether it's a fwd or rwd, I-4,6 or v-4,6,8... Unless you have SOLID motor mounts that engine is going to tq, - with solid mounts you can actually twist a frame with enough tq...
Haha or if you have a engine with a lot of torque like I did in my truck, and one of the motor mounts are busted completly, the engine can rock far and hard enough to pull the front left tire off the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts