Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone BUY FS TURBO

Did anyone Buy FS Duratec Turbo just want to get some feed back thanks [:D]

·
Registered
930 Posts
No, but I'm getting a few things from a guy that did :D.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i did.....i'll keep every posted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me too...I'm getting it install by Vik tomorrow. I'll post some feedback after the test drive. I won't be able to pick up my car until Friday or Saturday because of my work.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I purchased it too... w00t!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
sweet. make sure (if u can) post pics and reviews of the installation, how it runs, and perhaps the quality of the product, etc.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
COSFS2.3 said:
Me too...I'm getting it install by Vik tomorrow. I'll post some feedback after the test drive. I won't be able to pick up my car until Friday or Saturday because of my work.
I know this is off subject... but where are you located in San Diego?

·
Registered
16 Posts
sharon5384 said:
I know this is off subject... but where are you located in San Diego?
Yes, I'm from the good old SD in the Carmel Valley area[8D]

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Nice I'm in Rancho Penasquitos...carmel valley man that's a stones throw away. I wanna se a duratec turbo!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im on Coronado, right outside of San Diego. I am planning on purchasing the FS turbo as soon as I get the loan from my bank. Any feedback on it would be great, especially if you get it installed by FS.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Apparently that's not a huge issue for some people. SoCalDuratec I know has modded his internals already if his signature is correct. My issue with anyone's turbo kit has to do with whether or not it's legal for street use. I would naturally assume that in CA it would be tougher to get certification for a turbo kit than anywhere else. I noticed on FS's website that their dynos were done on a car with the Cosworth race exhaust- so no catalytic converters at all. Ford really blew the aftermarket over on turbos by putting a cat in the manifold on all models. I didn't see a cat in the parts list on FS's site. If the car is a race car, then there's no issues.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
South East Daygo here. I may go for it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well supposeably when they tested the turbo, they did it with stock internals on 8psi non-intercooled and 11psi intercooled. So i think that if they post that, then it should be safe up to 11psi....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Right but I would think if they sold something that would blow up your engine without telling you or having you sign a waiver word would get arround quick and ruin sales but I don't know

·
Registered
275 Posts
Frank, stop screwin around and buy it! You know u want to...screw living in an apartment. Or dorm. The car has fold down seats. You can use my hose to shwoer whenever u want. [thumb]

-Mike

1 - 20 of 56 Posts