Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Car a while back and I just ran across my Diablo sport tuner with Toms tune on it, is it resell able or not?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
This is what I send out to people that email me and ask this question

If you came across a Predator with my tune on it one of 2 things has happened , either they never used the Predator because once used it takes my tune OFF the Predator when loaded

2 they reloaded my tune onto the Predator and if it sees a new VIN # can either lock your ECU the Predator or both

People know when they buy my tune they are not supose to transfer the tune or sell the Predator with my tune on it , this protects me

My tunes once installed cannot be used on another SVT as you the new buyer didnt pay for the rights or use of the tunes and could cost you a lot of damage

You can buy the Predator , pay for a tune (150.00) and be good to go the tune I send takes out the stored VIN and then you wont have any issues , more then likely you dont have the same year , ecu code , mods so his tune may hurt your engine anyway

Yes you can sell the predator just not with my tune on it or with the sale

Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey tom, i was hoping you might respond

I sold my car to a dealership and they didnt want the tuner when i sold it, I never returned the car to factory tune, so my car still had your tune when it sold. So the predator would basically be sold tuneless? or at the very least with my factory tune on it. how much do the preds sell for with no tune?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
If you didnt restore the origional back up then all you have is a good scan tool like stated , the Pred would now be locked to your car and you cannot use the Pred on another car till its unlocked and last I asked Diablosport wont unlock the Pred

Then the guy that buys the SVT will have to pay Ford to reset his ECU back to stock to be able to load a tune on his new SVT

Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I've bought a diablo sport tuner used since I hadn't heard from Tom, is what your saying is it's basically useless??

Fred

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
So I've bought a diablo sport tuner used since I hadn't heard from Tom, is what your saying is it's basically useless??

Fred
That depends , was the origional tune restored to the car before the guy sold it to you , If he did then you can use the "Performance Tune" thats preloaded onto the Pred from Diablosport it isnt very good but a little better then nothing

If the Predator was sold by me and when you plug it into the OBDII port it sais "Custom Tune" I would be very carefull using it

Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have texted the guy and haven't heard back yet. He said he bought it from you and we had the same basic mods... I bought it cheap and it came with the pc port cable for online downloads. I haven't plugged it in yet as I am still sorting the wiring out.. What do you recomend doing with the intake runner control motor on a strictly race car?? The cable is almost chafed off...

The car is caged fuel cell in it, it's 2038lbs with me in it. Open exhaust, solid mounts, A/C delete, cold air kit potted stock t-body, bbk pump and 108 race fuel.. No pulleys... Should I upgrade the oil pump??

Let me know what the best way ist to fix it. I have the guys name if you might have it on file, his car had minor mods like mine.

Thanks Fred

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got his text back, this is what he said.

Yea the custom tune was taken out and the original backup was installed into the car. Had shortram intake and exhaust

FRED

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
The point is you cant use a tune that some one else paid for , to protect me I have said this on here many times , If the predator sees a diff ecu code the other customers tune you are loading could hurt your ECU and or your Predator

You got a good deal on the Predator you didnt pay for a tune , if it damages anything ????

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts