Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZX3 ATX..I have a MBRP Exhaust, Pipercross Short Ram Intake, and a DiabloSport Chip. I had one question...when I purchased my chip from McNews Automotive, they said that they had programed it and everything, but my rev limiter wasn't raised, my governer was not removed, and I noticed absolutely nothing different with the way my car drove. Now, I went back to McNews and they said that they had never heard that it would raise the rev limiter or eliminate the governer...but isn't that the point of the chip? I've had it for about 2 years now and I can't get a straight answer. Does anyone know for sure. I paid almost $300 for this chip and to me it has been useless. I honestly don't think McNews ever programed it. I'm just asking for help. This chip has never worked correctly since I've had it for 2 years. I don't want my money to be wasted.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Did they asked you the aftermarkets parts that you had installed on your car at the time of the transaction?? what programs did they told you they programmed the chip with?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bring your chip in and I will check the program for you. I don't know who you talked to that would have said the rev and speed limiters wouldn't be changed. The standard programs normally do that. The base diablo program may not be up to par. We cannot control the programming of these chips.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i think the early programs dindt remove the speed or the rev for certain ecu codes (like the xau1)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts