Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna get the DiabloSport Performance chip, it says u don't have to time it or anything just hook it up. My ?? is does this sound right? Also I heard u can't get NOZ, is that true too. I just want it incase if I ever need it for one big race or something and also to put the car in car shows. Please give me advice and thanks!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
If you get the Delta chip, you can turn off the chip so the OEM stock program is run.
Usually, the standard performance program that requires the 91+ octane advances timing and I've heard people say that nitrous and superchargers give the chip problems.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
It is really nice for those of us with the ATX. Firms up the shift points a little. I always run the higher gas in my cars anyways, so I don't have the Delta switch.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuse my un-knowledge here, but is the Delta chip what I mentioned? Is it a differrent one? Thanks for answering the NOZ question. That answered that one, but I am still confused on the chip question. Thanks 4 the help.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The Delta chip comes with a switch so you can shut the chip off and is a little more expensive. I bought mine from Focussport and it is the basic one that raises the rev and speed limiters and firms up the shifts a little. With the Delta, you can run reg gas when the chip is off. The chips are basically plug and play. You can always get the Delta chip and shut it off if you are going to race someone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is NOZ? I don't think it's that forced induction messes with the CHIP, but with the ENGINE - the chip will advance the timing, hence the need for higher octane fuel, but you don't want to run boost/giggle gas with advanced timing or you might go pop.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
what he said ^ your motor is working faster and if you add N.O.S or nitrious it will cause detenation problems. your motor could literaly melt. not good one or the other babe. you cant have both unless they were to somehow make a nitrous tune stage which im pretty sure they dont so untill then. i have a racing chip in my focus i like it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Buzzbomb is correct, nitrous oxide doesn't go well with advanced timing so your engine would most likey have severe issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts