Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Two things:

One: Diablo really doesn't feel the Focus market is worthy of their continued support. What that means is that what they offer right now is all that we can get. No FI burns or special programming. They can raise speed limiters and rev limiters, but much over that and you're SOL. Go with the Superchip and you'll be more able to go with a special tune.

Two: Now that I have trashed the chip, I have a 4 bank chip for sale that will be programmed by Randy @ FocusSport for $190 shipped. It won't matter what your code is, Randy will reprogram it for you. I'll send it to Randy and he''ll send it to you. I have had it for about 6 months, as I was testing the SPI chips for FocusSport. I have finished with my long term report to FocusSport, and have reinstalled my "old" chip as it has all the changes I needed.

Jim

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fokuzsport said:
wait till you have some stuff done to your engine. ie. catback, intake, headers, cam gears, udp.. so on and so forth.

I do have a few mods...

Exhaust
JBA Shorty Headers
Random Tech. High Flow Cat
2.5" Stainless Steel Flexpipe
Borla Cat-Back

Suspension
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Dampers(ordered)
Steeda Front Strut Tower Brace
Focus Sport Rear Strut Tower Brace

Bolt On
BBK 65MM Throttle Body
Focus Central UDP
AEM CAI
STR High Flow Fuel Rail
Stainless Steel Braided Brakelines

Interior & Looks
B&M Short Shifter
Leather Corbeau TRS Seats
Corbeau 3 point belts
Ford Europe ST220 Wheels w/Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40/17

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You still don't have anything to tune for a chip with the mods you have. So, if you get one, you would probably just get the standard 91+octane/advance timing program which gives you some gains but probably not what you're expecting.
If you can, the best thing to do is to go to a shop that sells or tunes chips and then maybe they can help you out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I want to add another mod but am uncertain what to do. I want to add some bolt on power without opening up the engine (cams).

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You still don't have anything to tune for a chip with the mods you have.

so what mods could he get, that he would need to tune?

·
Registered
380 Posts
how much money are you looking to spend? you could get jackson racing sc or vortech, or save and get Toms turbo kit for real power. im getting vortech myself. mostly cause i only want about 200hp.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Well... a few items that would make use of the chip would be:
Cams, cam gears, larger f-injecters, 70mm MAF, ported head, etc.
The chip is needed when your stock ECU can not accommodate those type of mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts