Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my DGR street kit installed today (which is awesome) and lowered the car about an inch, but now there's a really nasty noise coming from my left wheel well every time i turn left. It sounds like one point on the rim is hitting something else every time it goes around. The tie rod on the right side is bent, is that my problem or is it something bigger?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Did u secure your brake line to the knuckle?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Ok check back so we know what's up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its dark out and i cant see, but i took it for a ride and the sound matches up with what you said. what tools do i need to fix it in the morning?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
its dark out and i cant see, but i took it for a ride and the sound matches up with what you said. what tools do i need to fix it in the morning?
15mm wrench or socket with a rachet also you have to use those things with rubber gromets that come with your Coilovers

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Basically make a bracket to hold your brake line in place to your knuckle.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The tie rod on the right side is bent, is that my problem or is it something bigger?

Sorry but I couldn't let this pass. You installed a relatively expensive suspension sytem and you didn't fix a very basic, inexpensive, but critical steering and handling component at the same time? There are priorities and a tie rod....especially a knowingly damaged one.....should be at the top of the list!! How do you expect to properly align that nice new suspension?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Sorry but I couldn't let this pass. You installed a relatively expensive suspension sytem and you didn't fix a very basic, inexpensive, but critical steering and handling component at the same time? There are priorities and a tie rod....especially a knowingly damaged one.....should be at the top of the list!! How do you expect to properly align that nice new suspension?
$30 tie rod>$999 coilover kit. That suspension isn't going to help when his wheels are going to do this \ / [wrenchin]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey justcheckin back in to let you al know the inside lip of my rim was bent and it was scraping the strut. i have a new rim on the way and my car is sitting in the driveway until it's here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and i didnt find the tie rod until i installed the suspention, thats been replaced as well. i know that sounded pretty bad but i take car of my baby, dont worry guys :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts