Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's !! I will be going to Focus sport at lunch today to buy my diablosport chip and need to know if any of you out there have the ecu code JFR5. the reason I'm asking is they say it's an experimental code and I just wanted to know if anyone with this code has had good results or what happened with the vehicle.

thanks !!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
??? does anyone know??? or are you guys just not answering me?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Take a look at the third review on the link below. The guy just entered the ECU code wrong but I think he was saying JFR5 because there is no such ECU code of JRF5 that I have seen listed.

Click here

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you SOO much !! And yes, I F-ed Up [?|]
thanks for your help microtonal !!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
microtonal said:
Take a look at the third review on the link below. The guy just entered the ECU code wrong but I think he was saying JFR5 because there is no such ECU code of JRF5 that I have seen listed.

Click here
hey microtonal, I just went back out to my car and looked at my ECU and the code JFR5 Is correct, not JRF5. Do I have some kind of ECU that hasn't been tested ??

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
No, I was saying that the guy who posted the review entered the wrong ECU code, not you.
you had the correct ECU code. So, I was telling you to look at the 3rd review because I believe the review was for JFR5 since there is no such ECU code of JRF5 that i've seen listed for the Focus.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AHHH !
Ok cool thanks microtonal ! - the guys at focus sport say it will improve my shift points and might raise my speed limiter as well as a hp + tq gain, I just don't know who to trust now the review (with the WRONG ecu code) or Focus sport..... any Ideas or suggestions ?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
It's a hit and miss with these chips.
Some feel the difference and others don't. I don't know if this is ECU code related or if some people get disappointed because their car didn't gain 10-20whp from the chip.
Dyno's usually only show that you get more torque eariler in the rpm's and maybe 1-2whp at peak rpm's.

For an experiment, I removed my diablosport delta chip from my car and ran it for a week.
It was lacking torque/pull in the 2500-4000 rpm range. My car felt like a dog when I would punch it at 3K rpm's.
When I put my chip back in, you can definitely tell that there is more torque/pull in the 2500-4000 rpm range. This makes the car fun to drive in normal everyday driving.
If you have an ATX, it's supposed to smooth out the shifts and change the shift points.

I'm happy with mine and when/if I get enough mods, it's only $85 to get a custom program burned in to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Somebody had to do it LOL !!! [slap]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
microtonal said:
It's a hit and miss with these chips.
Some feel the difference and others don't. I don't know if this is ECU code related or if some people get disappointed because their car didn't gain 10-20whp from the chip.
Dyno's usually only show that you get more torque eariler in the rpm's and maybe 1-2whp at peak rpm's.

For an experiment, I removed my diablosport delta chip from my car and ran it for a week.
It was lacking torque/pull in the 2500-4000 rpm range. My car felt like a dog when I would punch it at 3K rpm's.
When I put my chip back in, you can definitely tell that there is more torque/pull in the 2500-4000 rpm range. This makes the car fun to drive in normal everyday driving.
If you have an ATX, it's supposed to smooth out the shifts and change the shift points.

I'm happy with mine and when/if I get enough mods, it's only $85 to get a custom program burned in to it.
hey microtonal thank you for all of your help, put everything in perspective [;)]

·
Registered
717 Posts
microtonal said:

Click here
:) That was me, JFR5 is what I meant.

On that review, I was using the XAU0 4-bank Diablosport program, which does/did not remove the speed limiter at that time. Maybe Diablosport and Focus Sport have been playing around with the JFR5 code since then, dunno.

Personally I didn't think it was worth the cost of paying nearly $2(at the time) for 91 octane gas.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I installed my chip last night and had to turn the switch back to the stock position on the chip till I got to the gas station to fill up with premium. OMFG !!! this chip tells my butt dyno that this thing really does make the car alot more driveable !!
the shifting is awesome now, it shifts at 6500 in first gear, 6000 in second and 6200 in 3rd,
the rev limiter is now at 7100 rpm and the speed gov. is at 113 instead of the crappy 105, of course you really don't need to go that fast anyways (unless your auto xing [:D] )
the car pulls harder out of the hole and on the freeway better than before. the tune 1 and tune 2 switch have distinct differences THIS THING IS COOL !![headbang] [headbang] [clap]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
01FOCUSSE20 said:
Well, I installed my chip last night and had to turn the switch back to the stock position on the chip till I got to the gas station to fill up with premium. OMFG !!! this chip tells my butt dyno that this thing really does make the car alot more driveable !!
the shifting is awesome now, it shifts at 6500 in first gear, 6000 in second and 6200 in 3rd,
the rev limiter is now at 7100 rpm and the speed gov. is at 113 instead of the crappy 105, of course you really don't need to go that fast anyways (unless your auto xing [:D] )
the car pulls harder out of the hole and on the freeway better than before. the tune 1 and tune 2 switch have distinct differences THIS THING IS COOL !![headbang] [headbang] [clap]
Did you get the delta(off/tune1/tune2) chip?

Did you get tune2 programmed with custom tuning?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts