Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 focus Z tech engine. I have developed a problem with the # 2 cylinder. I have good spark but it will not fire engine running rough pull #2 and no change. Is there a fast fix for a possible plugged injector or any other other tips for what to look for.

Thanks papajohn

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Have you changed the plug wires recently?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pull the coil pack out and check it for cracks on the bottom side.

Also did you get a code saying you have a misfire on #2? If not how do you know its #2?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^What? If you move the plug wire and the problem follows the plug wire then it's the wire. If the problem is still on the cyl #2 then it could be the coil or the plug. If you haven't changed them out in the past year or two then it's time for new ones anyways.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
#2 plug and plug wire will be hooked up to the #3 terminal on the coil

#3 plug and plug wire will be hooked up to the #2 terminal on the coil

If the problem moves to #3 cylinder, the coil is the problem.

If the problem stays with #2, it's something with the #2 cylinder (plug,wire,injector,valves....)

·
Registered
178 Posts
my brother has a protege and he had a misfire in cyl 3. he changed the plugs, wires, and coil packs. the code went away. hope this helps

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^Of course it'll go away if you replace EVERY thing that has to do with the spark [rofl]

Start with the plug and wires first, it's cheap, it's easy, and it's required maintenance that gets passed up a lot of times cause they "look" good. Let me tell ya, I've had two sets of "bad" FR plug wires, they do wear out. [hihi]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, if he said he has good spark, meaning he checked #2. if he checked it, and has spark, then its not electrical. (this is if he actually checked spark properly) what else will cause a misfire if not spark you ask? i vote compression. your spark could be perfect, but if compression is too low, you get nothing. but it is still a possibility it could be fueling. but i don't think its electrical.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Pulling the spark plug wire could still mean there's a weak spark.

It's harder for a spark to jump the gap of a running engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts