Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just had a few questions on what you guys think is some good detailing product. I have a local car show comin up here in Blue Springs, MO and I wanted the car to look nice.

Things on my car to be detailed...
Wheels
Tires
Interior
Exterior
Chrome Exhaust Tip
So, whats the best product for these, in your opinion??

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
302 Posts
best product= Meguiars

·
Registered
578 Posts
well for the tires: before washing apply bleach white to the entire sidewall. do this multiple times scrubbing and wiping between coats. do this until you are satasfied with the amount of brown crudd coming out of the tire. finish wash with a car wash. it is best to wash and wipe the wheel clean. there is no real wheel cleaner that works sorry. then after the wheel and tire have dried use a foaming tire cleaner and shiner.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
^^ was going to state that. Ive gone to this section an learned quite a bit of info.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad for the post misplacement. ill go check out the other section then.

thnks for the tips guys ill get to the detailing tomorrow the car show is saturday morning

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
In case you come back, I use ICE interior detail and Meguiars Natural Shine interior wipes/spray.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Use a good microfiber wash mit with some good car wash soap like the nanowax wash love that stuff....and some clean microfibers and a good meguiars wax if your paints really dirty you might wanna clay bar it before you apply any products

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Meguiars NXT 2.0 Tech wax is BEAST!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don;t know if you can buy them nationally, or even at stores for that matter, but I detail at a Dodge dealership and we use Gliptone products.

Someone stated there is no specific wheel cleaner, but that is untrue. I don't know what comparable products are on the market, but Gliptone offers "Spoke Wash" which is an acid that cleans brake dust and road grime off wheels very well.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
For my wheels I just use Simple Green Extreme, spray on, scrub with a super soft brush and rinse.
Anything harder would take off the thin silver paint I have on there now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im usually not a fan of armor all but the "extreme tire and wheel" cleaner is by far the best ive used. spray it let it sit and it eats into the dirt and then spray off . def worth trying man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts