Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on completely detailing the car tomorrow and I just bought some Meguiars NXT wax....

I normally do a polish and a wax basically waxing the car twice just once with a polish... but I decided maybe I can get away with just a wax... do you all think I should use the Meguiars NXT, Mothers pure Carnuba wax, or the Meguiars Gold class wax????

Need some opinions here... so please help...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say your right but the car doesn't need to be clayed... smooth as glass already... like I said I normally do polish and then wax but this time I am not doing polish cause I don't think the car needs it... shiney as hell... but I wanna wax it so what should I use, Meguiars NXT, Meguiars gold class car wax, or Mother's pure Carnuba wax.... I really like the shine that Mother's leaves but I am wondering whatr you all think instead.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used to use Meguiars NXT and Gold Glass but recently I stepped outside of my box and tried something different. I went with the Eagle One NanoWax High Gloss Polish. It's a combination of both wax and polish. I think it works great and really makes my paint shiny and protected. It's extremely smooth and water beads off it. The other day, I sprayed off my car and it looked almost clean again. It's definitely worth a shot.

http://www.autobarn.net/natehiglpoby.html

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Usually when i polish i Claybar. I'm really surprised at how much the clay bar takes off, even though the car is smooth, it means to me that i have a good surface to start the polish on. Polishing the car twice doesn't seem like it would hurt. Like if somehow you miss a spot. I use Einszett Wax and Polish all from waynestowels.com.

Wayne is the man when it comes to car care supplies. I trust only his products to touch the Mazda and the Focus. He's always good for advice and tips and tricks. His prices are very good too. Einszett all the way baby!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true... the car is shiney as hell and I just polished and waxed the car about a month ago I just wanna wax it this time for the smooth surface.... [:D]

·
Registered
577 Posts
i love the mothers pure carnuba wax finish, its so beautiful.

of the three, i would say:
no to gold calss (its an okay wax but theres others out there)

never tried nxt paste wax (but im always willing to try new things)

so of the three i would go w/ the mothers

i know this is kinda old so u probably already did it, but i would reccomend doing it w/ step 2 first to get off most contaminations (but since u said that its pretty clean maybe u can use the pure carnuba, maybe you can do a pannel and decide whats best)

iv also tried pinnicle wax ( at a price of 70$ for 8oz of paste) i like it alot. It goes on a lot better than the mothers because it apples so easy and is way easier to take off, but at over 3 times the price, i guess its your call to switch or not. but its still carnuba so it will last a max of 3 months, but that doesnt seem to be stopping you since the last time u said u applied was 1 month ago :)

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol.. I ended up going with the NXT paste wax and it shines like you wouldn't believe and IT IS REALLY SMOOTH.

·
Registered
577 Posts
ic, well im always open to trying new waxes and detailing supplies (ive spent over 600$ on detailing products alone... i know... sad lol) but so far, just about every meguiars products that ive tried has not gotten me excited. Ive tried their cleaner wax, gold wax (paste and liquid), nxt interior trim detailer, clay bar system. I only liked their wax applicators, ultimate towels, instant detailer (only because their price is 50 cents cheaper than the mothers one).

But if u say the nxt paste is good the only way is to try by myself.

what do you think about it vs the mothers carnuba wax or gold paste?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gold paste isn't the BEST... btu the Mothers I like because it is a pure wax as NXT is wax and polish a one step system and great for car tht just basically needs a touch up.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I had some sample packets of NXT laying around so I decided to use them the other day on the ST. It works pretty good but I love my Einzett better.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Can someone please describe the differences between wax and polish? I know that I helped a friend who had purchased Turtle wax Ice polish, detail his car, but it did not feel like it left the smooth feeling that comes after waxing, nor did the shine look very impressive.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A polish is basically exactly what it says... it polishes the paint to 1.) make it smooth as hell and make it shine really good and 2:) to take a lot of the looser contaminants off. Then you do the wax to lock that shine in and keep the paint protected...

If you have a lot of contaminants on your paint you may have to use the clay system or do the cleaning polish aka. step one in the mothers and Meguiars three step system

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
this is what i say..

mothers for a light car, NXT for a dark car.

i've use both on both, the best shine for a light car came from mothers pure carnuba wax, then the best shine on the dark car came from the mequires NXT.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah... I agree about the NXT being for dark cars because polish is mean't for brightly colored or dark colored cars... and wax is mean't for all cars...

NXT has polishing agents in it so thats why it does so well with dark colors. [:D]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have used NXT. I was not impressed and it is now regulated to rim duty. I found the stuff just does not last. It looked good for a week and the beauty was gone. I have never used a polymer based synthetic wax that has really held up. I found that resin based sealents and waxes have longer lifes. NXT contains no polishing agents, it is just a wax. In my kit right now
Autoglym Super Resin polish, Autoglym Hi Gloss, and P21S pure carnuba wax. Be careful of lesser carnuba waxes( the ones that are really bright yellow and leave alot of dust when you wipe it of the are garbage mostly just fillers that leave your car covered in dust and stains on your trim. Carnuba is yellow but not that yellow. Pinnacle/P21S are pricey but you get what you pay for. Once a year I use Meguiars professional polishes Fine Cut and Medium cut when needed. The pro line is really nice do a good job and are idiot proof so you won't burn your paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts