Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this cruise was going to involve a bunch of Utah Contour guys with some of us local focus and Contour guys..... now it's just local...

here's the update....

----------WE WILL BE DOING A SATURDAY ONLY CRUISE ON THE EASTERN FRONT.
Boulder-->Nederland-->Estes Park-->Boulder.

With lunch in Estes it would probably be about a half days drive, so doable in 1 day. I hope everyone can meet us on this, should be a fun run. Thanks for all the reply's but it just did not work out with the UT crew this year. There cars are down and many cant afford the trip. A pre meeting spot will be set-up in a few days. So, now we are close to Denver, how many people want to come ? -B.

-----------------------------------------------

anymore info needed, i'll pm BlackwidowSVT via Focaljet....

i'm planning on going....

dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dang, looks like I missed this one. But then, I have been working weekends. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not yet. It's coming up May 6th, Saturday.

I'll try to make this one. Anyone interested in meeting at Morrison on the west side and heading up 470 to 93 and on up to boulder?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I will try to make May 6th. When are you thinking Morrison?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we're getting places to meet up and i will post them soon...

some people are meeting up at a McD's somewhere around the Garden of the God's exit north of the Springs..... we will be meeting up somewhere on C 470.... will post as soon as we get a definate meeting point.

dan

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sweet!
I'll look forward to seeing everyone.
Morrison was just an idea, anywhere is good really.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
any of u csprings people can meet us at the conoco in monument only problem is u gotta be there at 7AM!?!?!?!?!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
^ Well it would if I was there anyway [rolleyes]

You guys should do another midnight run to.....where was it, Montana? That shit was killer [thumb]

* Wyoming....that's where we went [:p]

·
Registered
496 Posts
I plan on heading up 93 to Boulder since I live on the west side near Bandimere.
I'll hang-out at Harritage RD, 8:15 or so, then at 93 and Coal Creek, 8:30 or so, if I don't see anyone heading up at Harritage RD. And meet up in Boulder by 9:00am.

I plan to mount a video camera in the car for the ride.

Bring a walkie talkie if you have one. What radio channel will ya'll be using?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
if anyone on here is still interested in going and not following the post on FocalJet there are a few new developments:

FIRST - there is a new meeting place in Boulder. We will be meeting in a King Soopers parking lot thats right off of 93. The address is: 3600 TABLE MESA DRIVE BOULDER,CO 80303 you can map it online. we will be meeting in the overflow parking on the west side of the building.

SECOND - clean up your car cause I have a photographer coming along for the ride and he is bringing his gear. To give you an idea of what he can do...look here:

http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=1650
*note there is a link to his studio and outdoors shots as well at the bottom of the page. Ben's the freakin poop.

Hope to see a good turn out this time round. Its going to be a nice drive and G2G.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see you guys tomrorow...i'm hopeing that we'll find that gas station at Heritage and 6th.....

i'm gonna merge with the Springs crew on C 470...but we'll all roll to the "2nd" meeting spot...which is Heritage and 6th.....

there we can figure out what channel to tune in with the 2 ways.....

dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would love to go, but I will be working again; this weekend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was an awesome time!!! you guys that couldn't make it..missed out

can't wait to see some pics and vids! didn't bring my camera...[rolleyes]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Great Time!
The weather was great, the roads were great, except for the sand, couldn't have been better!
Check it out:

On Dinosaur Ridge above Bandimere:

The gathering in Boulder:

In the canyons:

A beautiful day in Estes Park Colorado:

Check out the Stanley Hotel (The Shining) above the two black SVT's on the end.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Thanks to all who showed up. I also had a great time and look forward to our next gathering.

Here's two pics taken while driving. (Kids, dont try this at home)
*note: I think most of us were guilty of this one, lol.

The Line up @ Estes Park

The SVT's

Build Number

and let's not forget Ben, who didnt want to rock the steelies in the line up. BIG thanks to him for coming out and taking pics...which will be up soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I was one of the UT guys that didn't make it...I had a good reason...I moved to CO!!!

I have a pretty built SVT Contour turbo...I need it tuned. It runs well, but I am looking for a tuner that know what they are doing. Any advice? Remember I am here in CO now...right now it is SCT stuff I am using but I need my whole set-up dialed in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts