Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was raining last night and I pulled waaaay too close to my basketball hoop. My friend hit my door (passenger) right on it, and now I got a *small* dent on my passenger side, right in the crease. Its small and not deep. The body shop said it would be around $300, I dont have that right now but Id pay that to get my Focus ffixed. Do you guys think any of those dent removers might work? Im thinking about Ding King or one of those devies. We already need it for my dads f-150 and my moms windstar so Im gonna buy Ding King anyways, but do yall think it could take that dent out of my crease? Looks hard...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Look for one of those mobil dent repair places, they'll either come to you or they also usually have a shop. I've got three dings, two little and one right on the crease like you and they quoted me $140 to take all three out. This is the place I'm talking about www.dentdoctor.com
I didn't see one in your state but I'm sure there are places around you that are just like it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get pics up today when I get home from work. Dent Doctor..I checked, the closest they are is WAY away into Virginia, thanks though. Do you know any other Dent Doctor type places?

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have the same problem. you gotta do what i did. tear off the door panels and push it out from behind. dent pullers and all that crap wont work because of the crease.

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
i've successfully used the ding king on a door ding on my car, but it was in the middle of the panel. If the dent is on the crease, you won't be able to fix it on your own. Do a web search for paintless dent repair in your area

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks yall :)

Im gonna try the door panel thing that dispense said and then Im gonna go to the place. After that I can finally wax my baby again

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
As for an update on my dings above (if anyone cares), I set up an appointment for this sat. to have the two mentioned above and one new one taken out for $170. Not too happy with shelling out the money but it still isn't a bad price. After I had a quote done on the two big ones I think it was the next day I went to my mom's and she gave me some food in a tuperware bowl, as I was trying to get in my car some dumb ass (ME) had locked the door for no reason. After yanking on the door handle and shifting the load in my full hands the tuperware bowl on top fell off and bumped the side of my car. I thought "No big deal" untill I bent down to pick the bowl up and noticed a nice new small ding in the rear driver side 1/4 panel. I was so amazed a plastic tuperware bowl could dent the side of my car I just laughed about it. What the hell are they making these cars out of today? Recycled Pop Cans? The guy at the dent shop said that dings get more and more common each year due to car companys reducing the thickness of the metal they use. He said all of the makers are doing this, even the expensive ones. Any ways I thought maybe some one could get a laugh out of my pain and also make sure you hold onto those damn tuperware bowls!

Oh one more thing (sorry for the long post). While down in VA this past weekend we took our 02 Jeep Liberty with 30K miles on it. When we hit the main road to come home the transmission went out on it. After having it towed 60 miles I gave the dealer a hard time about buying a piece of crap Jeep and how I thought it was a reptuable product and he called me after they found out the problem and said that no one in the shop had ever seen anything like it. An internal component of the transmission gave out and he said it ended up just frying the whole transmission. Every thing is covered and were getting rembursed for our expenses but what hell of a time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts