Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was broken into a few months back. They stole my iPod and stereo, but didn't touch the old guitar that's worth more than my vehicle. The idiot put a nice size dent in my front panel as depicted below. There seems to be no paint damage, so I was hoping the be able to pop or bend the thing back into place. It's such an eyesore, so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
142 Posts
sell the guitar and get a new focus, then u will have two awsome cars only ones ugly and the others not, and yeah i have a similar dent "poping" it out didnt go so well but i duno im board and stuff so good luck bro

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I think the "popping out" works better if it's done immediately. You might want to google "paintless dent repair" for your area and see what you find, and then get a quote.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, if it were just on a flat or uniformly contoured surface you'd be fine for a little DIY. Unless it's professionally done though, that will look like crap forever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies all. I have the panel off no, if it seems like I am doing more harm than good, I will take it to a professional.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Professionaly speaking...If you tried to "pop" that out yourself...which it ain't gonna happen by the way, There will be no chance to correct the damage you've done.
I own a PDR business, so I speak with some experience.
You're in Texas, there are tons of PDR guys there, look one up.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
try the ding king. 25 bucks at wallmart, you'll have to pull it a few times but it should work. i had some a-s open his door into mine and remove paint down to the bare metal and i was able to pull it out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have done it myself and it worked great on my dodge truck and the dent was there for about a month. Get it nice and hot in the sun first and then try it at your own risk.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I say get some Z3 fenders. But if you are going to try and do it yourself, make sure you use a hair dryer or something to heat up the paint so it don't chip.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Dents suck......if you want it perfect, buy a new fender and have it painted,
or go to a reputable body shop and have them fix it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It worked fine on my truck and would have no doubts doing it to another one of my cars. But all my cars are factory paint. I have no idea what different kinds of aftermarket paints would do. I was trying to help the guy out. Dont talk s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] about me or what I do unless you have tried something. So until you try it shut up about the dry ice thing.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Dry ice?

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
my thoughts too. ahh..daaaaaaaa... yea, im good on dry ice. dry ice is not going to help him out were the dent is .[thumb]
Glad I'm not the only one who is lost[?]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts