Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a simple question, I know this topic has been discussed many times, my question is, I have a 02 svt, and I want to buy the denso irdium ITV24. I can't seem to find these.

Any help would be appreciated

Vito

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make sure to tell them you want the ITV24. I ordered the ones for the svt and recieved the ITV20. They seem to be a really good source for the SVT. I called the guy up and he took care of the problem. Good Business.

Nathan

·
FF Affiliate
30,884 Posts
Why do you want that plug the AZFS22C F2 cost half the money easier to find and makes the same power and yes will work in the SVT , ZX3 , or any Zetec

Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
^AZFS22C's are awesome...I wholeheartedly agree with Tom (these are Motorcraft "coppers").

Order them through C-F-M, though, as my dealership = a bunch of raging morons who ordered the wrong part (SP-436 vs. the correct SP-463).

Get two packs of four - saves on shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a post up a few weeks ago with all the different spark plugs, and the Denso's looked like the best option. I checked my spark plugs last oil change, and they look like there burning too hot.

Vito

·
FF Affiliate
30,884 Posts
My guess would be that all that voted for the denso plugs did it by opinion and have never done any testing on a Focus to back it up or they were selling them

I have dynoed both plugs and have found no gain one over the other

Tom

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tom

What are your thought on the NGK Iridium IX plugs LTR5IX-11?

I installed them and noticed my surging was gone and the power of a new plug as expected.

·
Registered
511 Posts
1turbofocus said:
My guess would be that all that voted for the denso plugs did it by opinion and have never done any testing on a Focus to back it up or they were selling them

I have dynoed both plugs and have found no gain one over the other

Tom
I agree with you 100%. When I first did my 30,000 mile "tune-up" I purchased a set of the Denso plugs and ran them for a little over a month. Then, just for shi$% and giggles, I ordered a set of the Motorcraft copper plugs. Not only are they a quarter of the price, they feel exactly the same on start-up (fast), low revs, but the coppers feel better up top. I think the last part is due to the fact that I was able to gap them to .060 with no worries, where as I was afraid to gap the Iridiums too much for fear of breaking the tip (and they come out of the box with a tinsy tiny gap- less than .040).

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I will only run the AZFS22C's in my SVT.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have standard platinums in my car right now

Does anyone have any dynos that show ANY change in power between a standard plug and a super-duper 4x as expensive plug? Just wondering...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice, where can I find the a2fs22c's, I tried today after work at Auto zone and a Ford dealership, with no luck.

Vito

·
FF Affiliate
30,884 Posts
bigb7000 said:
Tom

What are your thought on the NGK Iridium IX plugs LTR5IX-11?

I installed them and noticed my surging was gone and the power of a new plug as expected.
Platnum and iridiem and all the other fancy stuff out there over time has proven to me to be worthless

I like the AZFS22C

Tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
1turbofocus said:
AZFS22C

Ford should have them in stock

Tom

Or O'reilly's Auto parts, They are nearly nationwide. You can get them for 1.90 a piece.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the info, can't wait to install them this weekend with my new brakes....

VIto

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tom how often do you change your plugs? I just get the feeling that you change them pretty often and I can understand that with a built-up motor. But for an overall long term plug you still would use those old copper guys and not newer technology plugs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts