Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo, i've beeen wonderin bout those denso iriduim plugs-if anyone has em on their focus, r they any good-and increase in any way in any category(besides price)-r they worth the $$money$$??????or should i just stick w/ the stockers-also, what r some good plug wires 2 get???

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
just get Autolite Double Plats, great deal for the price, and for wires, Ford Racing ones are nice

·
Registered
236 Posts
this may be a stupid question, but by changing the spark plugs what difference would it make??

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
yea and they say as you accelerate the power ban is smoother too??? thats just the werd ive heard.

where did you find the denso iridium plugs i heard those are awsome plugs to get?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I got my Denso plugs on ebay for $36.99 plus $4 for shipping.

I can't tell the difference between the stock Motorcraft Platinums and the Denso Iridium plugs.
Some guy on ebay states 5HP gain.

I changed out my stock plugs and wires with Denso plugs and FocusSport wires and didn't noitce any dramatic improvements that can be felt. The FocusSport wires do look nice under the hood.[thumb]

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have heard people talking about using too strong a spark plug... what's a general good aftermarket one? I know that I am going to get teh ford wires, I'm just not sure which plugs to go with.

I think they were talking about those bosch titanium 4 or something that can damage parts... or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about...[8]

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think a good safe bet is to go with the autolite double plats as stated above by mofocus. a lot of us use them and i'm pretty happy with'em.

i heard that the spark on those +4's have been known to actually bounce off the plug. whether or not that's true i don't know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Low resistance will give you a better spark. Better spark will burn more fuel and give you a little more horespower. Or at least make your engine run better or give you more throttle response.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the Densos are just too much $$$ and cant say a sparkplug is worth that, and really dont think youll see nay gains, especially anymore than the autolites

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you keep the stock ignition system, then it wont do much, if anything. amybe a 1 HP gain, or an extra mile to the gallon. The only time you can really feel a deifference is if youve upgraded to something like an MSD box. In which case, any spark plug works well, even autolites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts