Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope someone has a idea that might help,
I have a 2001 1.6 auto estate (lol estate doenst make any difference )
The car has covered 165000 miles been serviced regulary and maintained to high standards.
[mad]Problem is the start has been getting longer and longer to start it did start first flick of key now takes 20-30 secs and when it starts if you go to back of car it smells of un burnt fuel, I have changed fuel filter, airfilter, coil pack, leads, plugs, crankshaft sensor, temp sensor, I have checked for fuel leaks cleaned air byepass valve and checked working ok, fuel pressure valve checked working, put fuel pressure gauge on feed line it says 42psi and when you switch of engine slowly falls and on return line says 20-25psi when engine turned off drops to zero I have cleaned Mass air flow meter also throttle body and put code reader on and no codes in system.[mecry]
if anyone can help much appreciated

kind regards

Alan

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Check the compression.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers been thinking same but puzzle is its fine after starting runns great at speed and cruising no roughness tickover fine no signs of compresion being down, but going to do test just to be sure will post results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just done compression test every one fine,
now I might be soundin thick but before all this computer crap on cars it was fuel-air-spark, checked air system thats ok now fuel system when you run car its up on pressure so when you switch off should system stay pressurized,????

kind regards

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts