Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on the Ford website taking a look at the 2015 models and noticed that the company still hasn't updated their website with the 2015 Focus. Strangely enough under future models there's information on the 2015 Focus, but not on the main page. All the other models for 2015 are listed, so it just seems odd that the Focus wouldn't be listed. There's been talk on this forum about delaying the new model for a variety of reasons...most of it speculation, I'm sure. Still...it has me wondering...what's up? Why the delay? Usually by July or August, manufacturers have updated their websites with the new models and they begin arriving in dealer showrooms. None of the Ford dealers near me have the 2015 Focus models in stock either. Strange, no?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That because the North American 2015 Focus start of production has not begun yet.
Latest information states that start of production is December 08 at MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've seen that Dec. 8th date listed for months now. I think the "Future Vehicles" section on Ford.com also has said "available in showrooms early 2015" for many months too. Very late production, but not delayed. Don't know why though. Does seem odd for a facelift.

http://www.bblfleet.com/fleetdocs/ford_buildout.pdf

I'm hoping pricing and official EPA mileage numbers come out within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That because the 2015 Focus start of production has not begun yet.
Latest information states that start of production is December 08.
That would explain why they're not in dealers, but why not update the website? When every other new model are in dealer showrooms, it really makes me wonder...why the delay? I can't recall a time when Ford delayed the production of an upcoming model so late in the current model year. The only plausible explanation I can think of is market saturation. Perhaps they have too many '14's in the ports and at dealerships that they need to deplete before ramping up production of 2015's. The other possibility is that Ford is working out a solution to resolve the DCT issue that seems to be plaguing the car. That has been speculated about on this website numerous times. Only Ford knows the answer for sure.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Last Tuesday my local Ford dealer told me he doesn't expects to see the 15s until January 2015.

·
Registered
207 Posts
^ Probably about right. The Mustang was 5-6 weeks from Job #1 to first delivery. If that timeline is normal the 8 December Job #1/Start Up would mean mid-January deliveries. Great time to get a new car delivered in Minnesota [thumbd]

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Ford delayed the production to see how many people would mindlessly complain about it.

I wonder what their tally is up to?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
When I was comparing the 2014 to the 2015, I'd asked Ford when they were expected to release the 2015. They quoted me January 2015 about three months ago, so it seems as if they're on schedule.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I was comparing the 2014 to the 2015, I'd asked Ford when they were expected to release the 2015. They quoted me January 2015 about three months ago, so it seems as if they're on schedule.
I called ford about it and they said they would have a 2015 ST at my local dealer on December 26. That was in July, though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
it just seems unusual that they haven't updated the 2015 focus page on the ford website since they initially opened it several months ago

it only contains the most basic of information

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the dumbest thread ever. It's a 2015. By all accounts it will be available in 2015.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
This is the dumbest thread ever. It's a 2015. By all accounts it will be available in 2015.
Which will make this an unusual situation. Most 2015 models are either available for order or sitting in showrooms by late summer or early fall of 2014. Some new car models appear as early as spring.

The conjecture for the delayed release makes this thread relevant.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Which will make this an unusual situation. Most cars are either available for order or sitting in showrooms by late summer or early fall of 2014. Some new car models appear as early as spring.

The conjecture for the delayed release makes this thread relevant.
I agree it is VERY unusual for a 2015 to be delayed until the actual start of the calender year.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was planning to buy one way back in spring, but they didn't happen. Then they kept delaying longer and longer. I still ordered at my first opportunity, but I was expecting to see them no later than this last summer, not after the first of the year.

I wish this meant they were putting the new engines in the STs. I wondered if they would since the documents all still show TBD for output specs, but it sounds like they're just upgrading the body, interior, and suspension. I guess that's good in a way since they've had time to work out the kinks.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I was planning to buy one way back in spring, but they didn't happen. Then they kept delaying longer and longer. I still ordered at my first opportunity, but I was expecting to see them no later than this last summer, not after the first of the year.

I wish this meant they were putting the new engines in the STs. I wondered if they would since the documents all still show TBD for output specs, but it sounds like they're just upgrading the body, interior, and suspension. I guess that's good in a way since they've had time to work out the kinks.
None of the specs for the power train showed as TBD in the preliminary specifications on media.ford.com, they were always listed as the current specifications. It's not likely until 2016 at the soonest if they even change it on these cars that soon. The new EcoBoost engine doesn't deploy outside of the Edge yet that we've seen.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts