Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I will be putting a FR head and FR (crane) stage 2 cams soon. Does anyone on here has a degree wheel or know where a cheap place to get one? I just want to keep this local for now. I am thinking about doing this around early September. I have not done this job before but I want to get it right the first time. I have all the gaskets, tools, but not a degreeing wheel. Plus, any suggestion on how to get the cams degree in perfectly? Appreciate it in advance.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
a degree wheel? sorry but i dont understand what that is. are you talking about a tool used to line up the cams in the head properly after installation? if so then all you need is a timing kit. it is basically a flat metal plate that fits into the slots on the cams on the driver side that lines them up to top dead center for the cams. it also has some kind of screw/bolt that you put in the block behind the header that will hit the crank and stop if from turning when it gets to TDC. that is just a waste of time tho imo. you can just get TDC on piston 1 using the old screwdriver in the spark plug hole trick. once you get piston 1 in TDC, you put the timing belt on torque everything down and you are done. you will NEED adjustable cam gears and some time on a dyno to get the cams perfectly dialed in.

im not terribly far away and i think i have the tools for that job still. if i do ill let you borrow them when you go to do the job.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the degree wheel is use to get the aftermarket cams set per manufacturer's specs. It is put on the crank bolt in place of the udp. Once set then you can remove wheel and install udp and everything else.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Oh that thing. Usless imo. I might have it tho. If I find it you can have it.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 6 of 6 Posts