Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my car at the end of May and the back of the driver's seat had a defective leather seat cover when I picked up the car on August 2nd. The word FOCUS which is reversed embossed on the top portion of the back of the driver's seat was barely visible. The dealer ordered a new leather seat cover which was installed on August 23rd. That's when the poop hit the fan. The replacement seat cover they installed was too big which caused puckers in the leather.

The Service Manager said there was no adjustment to tighten up the seat cover therefore the puckers were there to stay and FORD would not send a replacement. The dealer suggested I contact FORD Customer Relations. I called them and all they said is "we back the dealer's decision and therefore I would not receive a replacement". I demanded a replacement and FORD Customer Relations told me they could not order a new one for me since they were just the FORD Customer Relations. WTF!!

I went back to the dealer and the Service Manager took several photos and said he would contact FORD for a replacement. I contacted the Service Manager after a couple of weeks elapsed and I was told he did not receive any response from FORD after repeated attempts.

I decided I would contact FORD Customer Relations again BUT by email this time and not by telephone. I emailed them the entire story as well as pictures of the problem seat. I told them they had terrible customer service. I also stated that this was my fourth new FORD vehicle that I had purchased in the last 10 years and I would not buy another FORD vehicle again since they were turning a blind eye to my problem.

A week later I received a call from a FORD Representative for my area. He said he would have the seat cover problem fixed and apologized 99 times. Come to find out he was on vacation for a couple of weeks and there was no one covering for him -- isn't that a great way to run a business! Also I did not receive an answer when I asked why I was dusted off by the FORD Customer Relations when I first called.

So after 5 weeks of playing tug of war with FORD, I bring it in tomorrow for the 2nd replacement of the seat cover. I asked the FORD Rep "What if this one has the same problem?" and he responded "We'll send another one". I told him they should send an entire seat already covered and that way they know there is no problem with the leather and he said "Too expensive to ship". In other words they want the customer to suffer!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered my car at the end of May and the back of the driver's seat had a defective leather seat cover when I picked up the car on August 2nd. The word FOCUS which is reversed embossed on the top portion of the back of the driver's seat was barely visible. The dealer ordered a new leather seat cover which was installed on August 23rd. That's when the poop hit the fan. The replacement seat cover they installed was too big which caused puckers in the leather.

The Service Manager said there was no adjustment to tighten up the seat cover therefore the puckers were there to stay and FORD would not send a replacement. The dealer suggested I contact FORD Customer Relations. I called them and all they said is "we back the dealer's decision and therefore I would not receive a replacement". I demanded a replacement and FORD Customer Relations told me they could not order a new one for me since they were just the FORD Customer Relations. WTF!!

I went back to the dealer and the Service Manager took several photos and said he would contact FORD for a replacement. I contacted the Service Manager after a couple of weeks elapsed and I was told he did not receive any response from FORD after repeated attempts.

I decided I would contact FORD Customer Relations again BUT by email this time and not by telephone. I emailed them the entire story as well as pictures of the problem seat. I told them they had terrible customer service. I also stated that this was my fourth new FORD vehicle that I had purchased in the last 10 years and I would not buy another FORD vehicle again since they were turning a blind eye to my problem.

A week later I received a call from a FORD Representative for my area. He said he would have the seat cover problem fixed and apologized 99 times. Come to find out he was on vacation for a couple of weeks and there was no one covering for him -- isn't that a great way to run a business! Also I did not receive an answer when I asked why I was dusted off by the FORD Customer Relations when I first called.

So after 5 weeks of playing tug of war with FORD, I bring it in tomorrow for the 2nd replacement of the seat cover. I asked the FORD Rep "What if this one has the same problem?" and he responded "We'll send another one". I told him they should send an entire seat already covered and that way they know there is no problem with the leather and he said "Too expensive to ship". In other words they want the customer to suffer!!
Did you have the seats with the red & black leather? If so, I think I saw these photos the last time you posted. The result was absolutely TERRIBLE!!! Good for you for standing up for yourself!

Keep us posted. They really should ship a new seat if this next cover doesn't work out.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Too bad you're all the way in CA. If I had this problem, I'd just drive to the plant. haha

·
Registered
266 Posts
Curious goes a long way. Rude and nasty they play by the rules. However nice and appreciative they sometimes bend rules for your advantage. I am not saying you were rude/mean but I have notice that respect goes a long.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Get that in writing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have the seats with the red & black leather? If so, I think I saw these photos the last time you posted. The result was absolutely TERRIBLE!!! Good for you for standing up for yourself!

Keep us posted. They really should ship a new seat if this next cover doesn't work out.
Yes, those are the pics. It is really too bad. It appears everything is put on the shoulders of the consumer no matter which business you are dealing with.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hmm...seems that their customer service is universally poor. I like the car, but the lack of service is enough to make me defect from the brand for the next go around. It seems like they have an internal policy to deny as much warranty work as they can.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Hmm...seems that their customer service is universally poor. I like the car, but the lack of service is enough to make me defect from the brand for the next go around. It seems like they have an internal policy to deny as much warranty work as they can.
Every car company does their best to avoid warranty work. Hard to make money on free repairs. Some dealerships are just a little nicer about telling you no than others.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yesterday the dealer installed a second leather seat cover and it had the same results. I immediately contacted the FORD Rep and left a message asking him to send an entire driver's seat direct from the factory. I received a followup call from another FORD Rep who really like that idea BUT they are going to followup with me with on Friday. Sigh....

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
What a headache. Are you sure the problem isn't install error from the dealer?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My pax seat is the same way. I also have the black and red leather. I decided to just live with it. I had a seat cover replaced in a 2010 Fusion and they did more damage than good. They scaped up all the surrounding plastic pieces in the car when they took the seat out to put the new cover on. It's not Ford that has problems its the idot's they hire in the service department.I sure hope your problem is solved soon. I would warn the service dept NOT to scape up everything when they pull out and put that seat back in. In only takes one dumb a** to ruin your interior!
[bigcry]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a headache. Are you sure the problem isn't install error from the dealer?
Not a dealer installation error. There are 4 straps on the bottom of the seat for adjustment purposes and they are adjusted to the maximum so they cannot tighten the leather anymore -- maxed out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems kind of odd that two seperate covers would do the same thing.
Not really --- both are a little too big & I am willing to bet at the factory the seat padding is shaped to the seat cover which results in a tight fit. Watch "West Coast Customs" -- they shape the seat padding to the leather every time!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I've seen Ish do his thing.

So...

Why isn't that being done to yours?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen Ish do his thing.

So...

Why isn't that being done to yours?
I told the dealer how they normally shape the padding to make it fit. All the dealer knows is the four straps at the bottom for adjustment. They are not an upholstery shop and I suggested they take it to one but all I heard was "FORD won't pay for that" so that is why I asked FORD to ship an entire seat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally got the word from FORD last Thursday regarding the fix for my second defective seat cover --- it doesn't fit tight and has lots of puckers.

FORD told the Service Manager they could not ship an entire seat already covered from the factory since the seats were paired to a specific vehicle -- what BS! They then told the Service Manager they would ship 2 seat covers, one for the driver seat and one for the passenger seat that way if they didn't fit correctly at least they would match -- ya believe that poop? Of course the Service Manager said "NO!"

The Service Manager suggested to have a local local automotive leather upholstery shop take a look at the problem seat cover which FORD agreed to. There is one excellent shop in my area and I am now waiting for my FORD Dealership to make the appointment.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I finally got the word from FORD last Thursday regarding the fix for my second defective seat cover --- it doesn't fit tight and has lots of puckers.

FORD told the Service Manager they could not ship an entire seat already covered from the factory since the seats were paired to a specific vehicle -- what BS! They then told the Service Manager they would ship 2 seat covers, one for the driver seat and one for the passenger seat that way if they didn't fit correctly at least they would match -- ya believe that poop? Of course the Service Manager said "NO!"

The Service Manager suggested to have a local local automotive leather upholstery shop take a look at the problem seat cover which FORD agreed to. There is one excellent shop in my area and I am now waiting for my FORD Dealership to make the appointment.
Any update on this? Would love to see before & after pics if the upholstery shop fixed it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts