Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything that actually works that can fill in a somewhat deep scratch (like an intentional scratch.. was keyed before i bought the car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It depends how deep the scratch is your talking about. Is it through the paint or not that kind of thing. If it is through the paint, or deep enough you can pick at it with your fingernail, then I would get a duplicolor 2 in 1 pen. They match well, and the pen end is great for those.

If its not, then I would try newfinish scratch remover, followed by a very light rubbing compound, glaze, and wax.

·
Registered
49 Posts
did you try wet sanding? cause if your just gona have it repainted might as well try to wetsand it

·
Registered
433 Posts
Metal deep huh? UH OH. Post a pick and we'll see what we can do about it. Its hard to fix a scratch that deep just depends on how big it is.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
A long scratch deep enough to go down to metal....? You'll be adding so many layers of touch-up paint you'll give up before it's nearly done.

That sounds like it needs sanding, a body filler, more sanding, and a paint job. You might be able to get by with a can of spray touch-up and a clear coat, for the final painting. Hard to say....and it depends on how picky you are.

Tough job.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts