Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just purchased a 2005 Focus SE ZX4 and aside from the pain from headbumps, [?|] (we had a Ford Windstar) and the passenger window-up repair, it's GREAT [thumb]. Since it's still under 36,000 miles, that's being fixed.

Now to the other possible problem..... I always figured that when you pressed the decklid button on the remote that the decklid un-latched and slowly opened itself. Ours does not. I mentioned this to the repair dept when I took it in for the switch and after looking at it they told me they had adjusted the stops and it was fine..... Still no self rising decklid. One stop was adjusted. You have to lift the lid halfway before it will continue by itself. I seem to remember the 2006's lifting when the button was pressed. Am I wrong??? Are they wrong????

anyone????

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
None of the focus have that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
they didnt come with it for good reason...if you are close to a car, and accidentally hit the button...boom.....or say someone is standing behind the car....

G

·
My deck lid only pops up when released, with a clunk. I tried to adjust it via the striker on the car and the two rubber bump stops. It appears that on the sedan, the bump stops rub the inside edge of the lip trim. I agree with the others to the fact that it does not lift by itself like a BMW or a Toyota. Hope this helps.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Boom, that would be kind of funny, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CAIS95 - The lifting is usually slow and is for when you have your hands full. Some cars have the trunk motorized for that reason. I figured the pneumatics would raise it. If I slowly push mine up, about halfway they take over.

CDNFOCUS - The 'Headbumps' are mainly hitting my head on the 'overhead light/glasses storage/something storage' part! My wife hits her head on the door frame sometimes. As I said, we last owned a Windstar van which had plenty of headroom, so it's kind of a 'needing to adapt' kind of thing, kind of like grabbing for the gear shift on the steering column instead of between the seats! We've only had it for 9 days. The van is a '95 with 120,000 miles on it, so this is a real change. My wife researched Fords on the internet and would not take anything else. She's hoping they'll come out with a gas/electric version. I told her it would be best to wait til they get all the bugs out first.

To the rest of you, Thanks! It was just that I thought I recalled the 2006's with that capability, (tho, yes, I could be wrong) and the plastic sleeves at the bottom are both split down the side. As it was a rental out in Colorado for the first 24,000 miles, who knows. The last time I had a Ford like this was the Capre I owned back in '76.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"The 'Headbumps' are mainly hitting my head on the 'overhead light/glasses storage/something storage' part!"

I'm 6' 2" and have no problem hitting my head. Are you aware there is a small crank under the front of the driver's seat which allows you to raise and lower the seat? I purchased the Focus mainly as it was one of the few small cars with enough headroom for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PENGUIN, I'm 6'0" and my wife is 5'0", so we've kinda go an 'agreed-upon' setting. It's like the mirror, I set it for my height and she just flips it for her height (as I would do for night vision). I had about 5" clearance with the van, and about 2" in the car. Also, there was nothing on the ceiling between the seats in the van. I'm sure almost everyone else had something or other to get used to when they first got thier Focus.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Ah, my significant other is about 5' 3" and she cranks it to the top everytime she drives, and I crank it to the bottom everytime I drive. I guess we will see if that crank is designed for such frequent usage. It will probably be the first thing to wear out on our Focus!

G

·
SNOOP55 - Thanks for the info about headbumps. Should have guessed that one. My Focus doesn't have a centre overhead console. That was only introduced for the facelift Focus of US/Canada.
I sure could do with a dark grey headliner like the European RS's, XR3i's and XR4i's of the mid eighties and early nineties. Too light with the parchment colour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.