• Somethings else....

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my warranty is finally over and i'm goin to start moddin my SVT....in about a week or so i'm gonna do my first order....basically i've given myself about a 200 dollar budget for things and i can't decide on exactly what i want. In the poll i've posted what my basic choices are but need some help deciding exactly....please discuss amungst yourselves.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
after dumping my soul into the car with every dollar i have, i would say the intake if thats all you want to play with. nothing i have down has greatly affected the cars performance.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Rear mount and STS.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Like SVTguy said, most aftermarket parts don't do a heck of a lot for performance. Even my tune, which everybody raves about, didn't help my main gripe with the car, the terrible performance until the car's up to temp.

That said, my SRI sounds wicked, don't know that it added much in the way of HP. Exhaust, I wouldn't buy Magnaflow again, it's too raspy, I'm actually thinking of welding a glasspack inline to take it down. The clips of MBRP I've heard have been awesome, not that you'll notice much performance difference, but it sounds cool.

Rear mount and STS you WILL notice, and they take you to about $200. Personally, with a budget, I might focus on preventative maintenance items. Fuel/air filters, clean the MAF, check/replace plugs, drain the tranny and replace with RP fluid. Your car will love you, and if there was a problem there you were losing more power than you could probably gain with most aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already done all the maintenance stuff....only thing i'm missing really is the coil/wires....i don't want a STS b/c the stock shifter is fine for me for now....car doesn't move faster than i can shift yet.....eventually i'd like to go f/i...but that's a long ways off for now i just want a few things to give it more pep and make it more fun....i was considering eibach springs...but i think i'm goin to save up and get teh pro system plus and knock out suspension in one big swipe.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That sounds like a good plan. I cant go lower if I want to clear my winter tires, must be why I didnt think to suggest it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Intake... ^^^ or that suspension idea sounds real nice.

Mouse

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there's another thread askin bout a nopi cold air intake for like 160......upon researchin.....nopi intakes are made by aem...if i can find where he's gettin it....i think i'm gonna go with that and the mount for now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Like was said before. For $200.00 your best bet is the Mount and Shifter.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So much for my 200 budget......as of today i ordered the following....
Predator from Tom
AEM CAI
VF rear mount
MSD coil and FR wires with copper plugs

Total price....598 bucks or so...lol...
The smile on my face...priceless!!! can't wait to install all this stuff next :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
fi you get the chance check out someones car with a sts you wont be disapointed I went from a zx3 with a sts to the stock svt it sucked that was my first performance oriented mod

·
Registered
511 Posts
Very nice focusedintentions, you will not be dissapointed. What a deal on the tune from Tom ,huh???

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most definately....couldn't resist the pricing....it just screamed out "buy me now!!" Sadly...my gf and i will be sittin at home watchin movies a bit more instead of that really fancy dinner i promised her :) lol....but she's ok with it b/c she'd rather me spend my money on my car if it makes me happy than spend it on a dinner....she says she's happy "sitting" on the couch with me

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
SVT Robzor said:
Personally, with a budget, I might focus on preventative maintenance items. Fuel/air filters, clean the MAF, check/replace plugs, drain the tranny and replace with RP fluid. Your car will love you, and if there was a problem there you were losing more power than you could probably gain with most aftermarket parts.

This is exactly what I have been doing lately. My clutch is my top priority right now though because it is getting pretty weak...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts