Focus sport underdrive pulley
Volant Air intake
Volant Ram air scoop
Steeda 65mm throttle body
Custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust
OBX 4-2-1 Race Header
Tru-Bendz 2.5" Flex
Removed Cat.

Now The only two (or three really) other things I want to do is cams/cam gears, and the SCT chip. I wanna know which one to do first. I was thinking I should do the Cams and gears first so I don't have to have the Chip re-burnt... Howevere I could always have an extra program burnt and then switch to it once the gears and cams are installed? Any Suggestions? The only other thing I would like to know is this... When I do cams and cam gears I'm probably gonna do the gears first (probably gonna do the kent cams from focus sport.) Then I'm gonna do the Focus Central stage 2 cams from Mcnews. Does this setup sound good? I wanna keep it drivable because it's my daily driver, but I also want more power.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yea get the cam/cam gears. if you wanna save a little money and get the cam gears from zx2racing.com they have em for 40 a piece. they are good quality. the best daily driver cam is the ford racing stage 2. they are 345 from mcnews.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Get the tuner, it will be like night and day of diference, if you get a good tune.
May I recomend Wayne from HIA.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
well what i would do if i were close would install the gears and cams your self, then order the chip then get a dyno tune and get the gears tuned. that way your getting the most out of the motor.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point... I know I could do the gears.. they don't look to hard to install and then just set them at 0. But from what I've read the cams can be a bitch, is that true? Are they just drop in or is there other modifcations needed?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and if i bought 2 from zx2racing can they fit exhaust and intake or will modification be required?

·
Registered
57 Posts
thfc1799 said:
oh and if i bought 2 from zx2racing can they fit exhaust and intake or will modification be required?
No modification required, good quality and great price. Been running them for over 7 months now.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i have the frpp 2's (cam gears at 0*i, 0*e...still) and im impressed but i was expecting more...i would prolly say go w something slightly more aggressive...i plan on switching them when i eventually get an frpp head

1 - 11 of 11 Posts