Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well payday has arrived and I am having a tough time making this decision. I have 17" rims but I also have an intake and exhaust on my PZEV. Do I buy the SVT suspension kit..or do I buy the Focus central Throttle body? I have done some searching on both but have not come up with enough to tell me which would be the best decision to make and which I would notice more. I have noticed that the throttle feels quite restricted since I put the goods on the car..it takes a good amount of pedal pushing to get the car up into the zone. BUT..at the same time My new rims make my car look like it's a fat white stinkbug. What do you all think? Which mod will make me happier? AND btw HTF do you put an avatar on on this forum? I'm part of candlepowerforums.com as well and I managed to figure it out there...[confused]

PS: This will be my last mod til my Bday when hopefully my girl will get me "something I want" [;)] [;)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
suspension kit. the TB will show minimal gains on a near stock engine.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
get the TB to complement the intake and exhaust... you won't be sorry.

as far as the avatar, go into the user cp (at the top left under discussion forums), it in "edit options"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go with the TB, Just bought one off ebay last week and installed it in less than a 1/2 hour....best investment yet, you won't believe how well the throttle behaves now, no more bogging when starting off or between shifts. much more responsive than ever before..........................

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that I recently installed a strut tower brace in the front. I usually choose go before show...so if this influences any opinions which one will provide me with more go? The rims made a HELLUVA difference on the way my car handles but the suspension is still pretty flexible. Will I notice a large difference in the stiffness of my suspension with the SVT kit? god..life is tough. [bigcry]

·
Registered
738 Posts
The Suspension. I am Installing mine this saturday

·
Registered
930 Posts
The suspension. Promise.

Oh yeah, if you are just swapping the springs, struts, and shocks, it is pretty straight forward. You could be done in a few hours if you take your time. It is when you get to swapping crossmembers and installing poly pushings that things get fun (this excludes the poly endlink kit and poly spring bushings, they are easy).

·
2,272 Posts
The throttle has no noticeable gain in power and the "throttle feel" is not a huge benefit. Go with the suspension. The increase will be very large and noticeable and it costs just as much. Its either have a nice handling car with a slightly lower stance or a shiny thing under your hood that doesn't do much for you. hmm...

You also have my promise. Buying the TB over the suspension would be foolish. Trust us [thumb]

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's off topic SD Fo but did that SCT make a big difference? We're in similar situations here..both have white cars..both holdin down the SD focus fort..What mods on your car have improved it the most? I like the sportline look!

·
2,272 Posts
turbovation said:
I know it's off topic SD Fo but did that SCT make a big difference? We're in similar situations here..both have white cars..both holdin down the SD focus fort..What mods on your car have improved it the most? I like the sportline look!
It made a very noticeable difference in the way the car drives. It is smoother and more responsive. The power gains are small but it did make a noticeable difference in speed. overall I would say it is worth it. The sportlines and wheels/tires are still my favorite mods because the car handles very nicely right now.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
SVT suspension, no brainer.

The TB doesn't have much in HP improvement, and the throttle response was artificial.

·
2,272 Posts
Algorhythm said:
How much would it cost on average for a shop to install an SVT suspension kit?
The SVT kit includes the swaybars right? If it does then a lot. I wold say at least $250

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Suspension is best to do it yourself, or if not have someone try to help you, because to have anyone put it on will be expensive....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts