• Something else? Powerslot rotors?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which One?!? can't decide...

I think I'll wait on the cams. Currently, I have the MM CAI, Balance shaft delete, and Magnaflow exhaust.

BTW: this is an anniversary present for putting up with the misses all these years (j/k, i meant that with love)

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I decide to get seats....

I think I'd get something like this... I can't afford recaros, or sparco or anything.

I know it's not a hardcore seat, and still includes the recline function and what not... I just need a seat with more support... I be sliding around and stuff sometimes... more so for the girlfriend, since she's like 110 lbs.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was really temped by seats once, but it can apparently be a huge insurance issue on the SVT with the seat-mounted airbags.

Personally, if I could I'd go for seats. I havent found a heck of a lot of info on aftermarket seats, but I'm personally more drawn, and I'm fairly sure its even legal for you.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'd go seats personally. I'd rather enjoy my drive in comfort than have more power and feel stiff/uncomfortable. Atleast to begin with.

[thumb]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Of the two, get the Xcal. Why?

That seat looks like one of those knock-off brands. Seats are a safety item, something that won't collapse in an accident, or worse, fall apart. Big name seat companies like Recaro, Sparco, or Corbeau, who actively participate in motorsports, fully test and design their seats to make them as safe as possible. Now the generic seat may be as safe, but odds are, its probably not as safe. The manufactor just cares about making it look cool, and sends it off to China to be made cheaply. I would feel much safer in a seat properly designed than one that was cheap.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Egz said:
Of the two, get the Xcal. Why?

That seat looks like one of those knock-off brands. Seats are a safety item, something that won't collapse in an accident, or worse, fall apart. Big name seat companies like Recaro, Sparco, or Corbeau, who actively participate in motorsports, fully test and design their seats to make them as safe as possible. Now the generic seat may be as safe, but odds are, its probably not as safe. The manufactor just cares about making it look cool, and sends it off to China to be made cheaply. I would feel much safer in a seat properly designed than one that was cheap.

[:D]

j/k!

·
Registered
60 Posts
ou tof curiosity, from the look of the poll it seems like you already have the xcal2 and you are wondering simply about a reprogram. (it says reflash in poll) If that is the case I would go with something else. What Im not totally sure. Maybe something suspension wise would be my first inclination. Not too sure on price range you're looking to be in but coilovers maybe? or springs at least or maybe something as simple as a strut tower to stiffen it up a bit. But if this would be the first program with the xcal2 then I would say go with it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'd go with the xcal2. i feel it was one of the best mods that i did to my focus. . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts