Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grey Friar
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several religious celebrations going on in December...
Chanukah
Solstice
Festivus
Christmas
...and a couple of cultural holidays with slight religious overtones...
Kwanza
Hogmanay (aka, New Years Eve).

The one I celebrate most is Christmas, but also have a bonfire with beer for the Solstice (both solstices), and maintain the "first foot" tradition of Hogmanay (Scottish) with close-by friends/family. Whichever holiday you celebrate, I hope it is spiritually rewarding for you. I've always been on-board with the faith-hope-charity/love revolution Jesus (and disciples) started. And even though it was coopted by capitalist merchants and advertisers of the late nineteenth century, it remains the best reason to celebrate. I hope everyone feels the blessings of Christmas, and has a whopping good time for Hogmanay! God bless all.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
For everyone to have a great/safe holiday.....

·
Grey Friar
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're staying off the roads and mostly at home tonight. Our son and his girlfriend are coming up to celebrate/party with us, and will stay in the "guest room". We may walk to the local tavern (3 blocks away) to see how that's going, but probably be home before midnight. Must eat herring at midnight, along with toasting the New Year, and of course hugs and kisses (as appropriate).

What yall doing?

Hope we all have a better year than last. Happy New Year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts